Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roxy

CASC results

28 posts in this topic

why do the results take so long??

I'm so frustrated. I could see the mark sheets being handed back after each station and could almost glimpse them. Yet they're taking 5 weeks to collate the results.

Odd stations which need to be discussed and excluded aside, its just a question of adding up... surely??

Please can someone tell me what these 5 weeks are for so I dont feel like I'm being tortured for fun!

Its terrible and I for one am gradually realising things I have forgotten to do in each station as time goes on- dont know about others!

college takes its own sweet time to use its MBA mind to see what would be the best results give,so that they are never at loss. :silly:

College has to match your WBA, number of years of experience, how many time you sat for exam previously, then permutation and combination later random lottery finally they really have to look at your ethnicity. Boss, you need to be patient because all the above step takes hell lot of time

How would this matching occur though?

They have already decided 12 stations is the cut off- see royal college website.

And if you fail ( i have experience) you receive the examiners tick box feedback.

So Im not sure how they can fiddle for experience/ethnicity etc to be honest. Also why on earth do they need 5 weeks surely they know now who has passed more than 12 stations?

They have already decided 12 stations is the cut off- see royal college website.

And if you fail ( i have experience) you receive the examiners tick box feedback.

So Im not sure how they can fiddle for experience/ethnicity etc to be honest. [highlight]Also why on earth do they need 5 weeks surely they know now who has passed more than 12 stations?

[/highlight]

You will have to wait until you become a member to find out.!!!!! :) Dont worry time is passing quickly according to a physicist friend of mine. :D

College has to match your WBA, number of years of experience, how many time you sat for exam previously, then permutation and combination later random lottery finally they really have to look at your ethnicity. Boss, you need to be patient because all the above step takes hell lot of time

;) ;) :D :D

Really? I'm only joking!

So Im not sure how they can fiddle for experience/ethnicity etc to be honest. [highlight]Also why on earth do they need 5 weeks surely they know now who has passed more than 12 stations?

[/highlight]

You will have to wait until you become a member to find out.!!!!! :)Dont worry time is passing quickly according to a physicist friend of mine. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still experiencing depersonalization and derealization and time seems to be static.

I'm so frustrated. I could see the mark sheets being handed back after each station and could almost glimpse them. Yet they're taking 5 weeks to collate the results.

Odd stations which need to be discussed and excluded aside, its just a question of adding up... surely??

Please can someone tell me what these 5 weeks are for so I dont feel like I'm being tortured for fun!

You are right, if college has pre existing standard and the mark sheets are filled immediately than why are they taking so long for results?

answer could be no. of possibilities,

1-are they finding out top 30 %,

2- are they considering to pass people who are in their 3rd attempt? becoz there are limited attempts for casc now.

3- are they looking at ethnicity data for trying to be fair?

4- are they on holidays becoz they are exhausted after  taking casc?

i dont think any body can give the actual answer but it does seem strange why they are taking so long?

very apropriate questions

You are right, if college has pre existing standard and the mark sheets are filled immediately than why are they taking so long for results?

answer could be no. of possibilities,

1-are they finding out top 30 %,

2- are they considering to pass people who are in their 3rd attempt? becoz there are limited attempts for casc now.

3- are they looking at ethnicity data for trying to be fair?

4- are they on holidays becoz they are exhausted after  taking casc?

i dont think any body can give the actual answer but it does seem strange why they are taking so long?

Have you rung the examinations department and asked them?

I guess they are the only ones who could tell you the reasons it takes a while to get the marks out. There could be all sorts of reasons: if everyone fails a particular station then they may need to look at removing that station from the exam and recalculating, or it could be to do with standard setting, or it could as people point out just be that it is the easter hols!

My advice would be to just stop worrying about it. You can't change the mark you will get now that the exam is over. No amount of worry will affect the outcome. So you may as well assume things will be OK and do some nice relaxing and enjoyable stuff until the results come though! Good luck to all.

May be the college wants you to realise how does it feel like when you say to your patients that this medication will take 4 to 6 weeks to start acting.

Or after treating depression for a while we stop expecting any results before 4 to 6 weeks.

May be the college wants you to realise how does it feel like when you say to your patients that this medication will take 4 to 6 weeks to start acting.

Or after treating depression for a while we stop expecting any results before 4 to 6 weeks.

Good one! ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I still cant imagine how any of this 'adjusting' can occur as they send back to candidates the original mark sheets. Therefore if they exclude a station it would be obvious and then everyone up here would be up in arms!

Surely the only thing they can be looking at now is the cut off point and how many will fail if it is 11 or 12 stations etc. Why that takes 5 weeks is beyond me.

Do people think the documant on the royal college website means it is definately 12 stations required and this is the standard as its not clear to me.

' Der aaye duroost aaye'..... May be good news is coming this time that's why they are taking longer. Pass rate of 20%..... Good news for college........ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least you trust your doctor who is regulated. Does anyone trust the college? And who is it regulated by?

;) ;) :D :D

Really? I'm only joking!

;) ;) :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) ::) ::) :-X :-X

A lot goes on behind the iron curtain!

It's not iron curtain any more; now it golden doors........ they know how to utilise our money.......... at least. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :evil:

Its been officially released the way the casc is marked.!

Check out the royal college website.

It involves a circus trained performing monkey connected to lots of wires and electrodes sitting in a pool of hundreds or colored balls with our names on. Dale Wilton had been confirmed to be involved in handling the balls but we are not sure in what capactiy.

Sadly the monkey is delayed in Las Vegas performing in a somehat tantalising adult only show with Miss Britney Spears and the results will be delayed till his agent allows him back to the UK on May 6th.

Its been officially released the way the casc is marked.!

Check out the royal college website.

It involves a circus trained performing monkey connected to lots of wires and electrodes sitting in a pool of hundreds or colored balls with our names on. Dale Wilton had been confirmed to be involved in handling the balls but we are not sure in what capactiy.

Sadly the monkey is delayed in Las Vegas performing in a somehat tantalising adult only show with Miss Britney Spears and the results will be delayed till his agent allows him back to the UK on May 6th.

;) ;) :lol: :lol:

This is great! Advanced humour!

At least you trust your doctor who is regulated. Does anyone trust the college? And who is it regulated by?

PMETB, GMC. Same as the rest of us.

It's not iron curtain any more; now it golden doors........ they know how to utilise our money.......... at least.  

College is a not for profit organisation. The accounts are available for the public to scrutinise.

Seriously guys, I know you are all hacked off at the way these exams have gone over the last year or two, but why not act to change the college by taking an active role in it. Elections are coming up for PTC reps for half of the areas across the UK in the next few months. Why not stand, and then get your views heard?

Good luck to all awaiting results.

It's not iron curtain any more; now it golden doors........ they know how to utilise our money.......... at least.    

College is a not for profit organisation. The accounts are available for the public to scrutinise.

Seriously guys, I know you are all hacked off at the way these exams have gone over the last year or two, but why not act to change the college by taking an active role in it. Elections are coming up for PTC reps for half of the areas across the UK in the next few months. Why not stand, and then get your views heard?

:);) ;) :D :D

Chris, you're one of the most sensible and valued members on this forum, but sometimes you give the impression of being too supportive of or alligned too closely to the College. People have different perceptions about the college, including unpleasant ones. I was talking to one of my colleagues recently who told me that the day he lost respect for the college was when the first Paper 3 exam result came out and the college gave those who passed the exam but were not in a training post until ?Dec 2008 to bank the paper and extended the period for those in a training post to 2010! Now these people sat the same exam but were treated differently! The College has since changed its stance and accorded banking period parity, but the perceived discrimination has not entirely gone away.

The college is regulated by the PMETB and GMC?

@ flakjack: Well those are the organisations that have overall responsibility for training and professional practice in the UK. So if there were complaints, then it is to these bodies that you would need to appeal. In that sense the college has to adhere to the codes of practice and the standards laid down by these two bodies. So that is what I mean when I say it is regulated by them. Perhaps it is not strongly regulated enough?

@justice: It's fair enough, I happen to think the college does a reasonable job. I didn't have the same problems going through the exams and obviously that affects my view. I don't see why I can't put my side of the argument forward, even though I know it is perhaps not what people want to hear. But I do try to be constructive and offer solutions, you can see that from my previous posts. At the end of the day you are stuck with the college and the training system in the UK. It is not something that is going to be abolished or dramatically altered because there isn't an alternative. Even if PMETB took over all of the training functions, who do you think they would ask to prepare the next diet of exams? The consultants who are setting the questions at the moment. If you want to effect change within the system then you have to communicate and participate in the system itself.

Peace, out.

@ flakjack: Well those are the organisations that have overall responsibility for training and professional practice in the UK. So if there were complaints, then it is to these bodies that you would need to appeal. In that sense the college has to adhere to the codes of practice and the standards laid down by these two bodies. So that is what I mean when I say it is regulated by them. Perhaps it is not strongly regulated enough?

@justice: It's fair enough, I happen to think the college does a reasonable job. I didn't have the same problems going through the exams and obviously that affects my view. I don't see why I can't put my side of the argument forward, even though I know it is perhaps not what people want to hear. But I do try to be constructive and offer solutions, you can see that from my previous posts. At the end of the day you are stuck with the college and the training system in the UK. It is not something that is going to be abolished or dramatically altered because there isn't an alternative. Even if PMETB took over all of the training functions, who do you think they would ask to prepare the next diet of exams? The consultants who are setting the questions at the moment.  If you want to effect change within the system then you have to communicate and participate in the system itself.

Peace, out.  

Just out of curiosity, Chris, can I ask you something?

It has been more or less 9 months since you became a PTC member. (correct me if I'm wrong.) In these 9 months, there have been 2 diets of exams conducted. You must have got a considerable amount of feedback from the trainees in Tayside about the training in general and the membership exams in particular. Can you brief us about the general drift of the feedback you received, and what you have done to address the concerns from the trainees you represent to the college. would also be interested in knowing what the response of the college was with respect to the issues you have raised.

Thanks in advance.