Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roxy

google gives early results??

10 posts in this topic

i've heard a rumour that if you google yourself the night before results day, you might find your name on the pass list before the results come out officially.

has anyone actually done this or is it an urban legend?

I dont think i'll be able to do it for me... my name is too similar to a baby born to an 11 year old chav boy a few months ago, so can't find myself on any search engines.

post here if its possible and if/when your names appear!

;)That doesn't work :)

I tried it last time, when i searched for my name it was taking me to the results webpage of college where i could see the stop clock, everybody told me that it means my name is there on the pass list; so eagerly waited for the stop clock to go 00:00... but my name wasn't there :( :(

That happened only once in Oct. 2006 and that was not google related. Google usually indexes items for search after 3 days. That was college's own search engine which was very efficient and in 2006 some people discovered its efficiency. Since then, college has moved to a less efficient but more widely and globally used Google search engine and it does not search your name even 3 days after publication of results. Hope I make my point. Very best of luck to everyone. The purpose of the countdown clcok is mental preparation for any good or bad news. I wish good news to everyone.

Kamran

i've heard a rumour that if you google yourself the night before results day, you might find your name on the pass list before the results come out officially.

has anyone actually done this or is it an urban legend?

I dont think i'll be able to do it for me... my name is too similar to a baby born to an 11 year old chav boy a few months ago, so can't find myself on any search engines.

post here if its possible and if/when your names appear!

Don't worry, roxy: You'll definitely pass! ;)

i dont know... i let the frontal lobe lady virtually feel me up while i stared at her, frozen with horror!

is today the day that the pass mark gets decided?

i dont know... i let the frontal lobe lady virtually feel me up while i stared at her, frozen with horror!

:-/ :-/ :-/ :-X :-X

What exactly do you mean roxy?

Pray, what does 'virtually feel me up' mean?

For example, in my vocabulary, whatever you do online is virtual.

I am sure you did not give out your messenger id to the lady. So what DID she do then? :-? :o ::)

oh... it was awful. she was disinhibited and started to touch my neck and nacklace. and kept moving closer so her face was about an inch away from mine.

what would a normal person do? say something like 'sorry, i'm going to have to ask you to sit back a bit/ leave a bit of space between us' etc

What did i do? nothing.

i sat there, tried to complete the mmse and frontal lobe tests while she practically assaulted me! i lost my mind for 7 minutes. was a disaster.

oh... it was awful. she was disinhibited and started to touch my neck and nacklace. and kept moving closer so her face was about an inch away from mine.

what would a normal person do? say something like 'sorry, i'm going to have to ask you to sit back a bit/ leave a bit of space between us' etc

What did i do? nothing.

i sat there, tried to complete the mmse and frontal lobe tests while she practically assaulted me! i lost my mind for 7 minutes. was a disaster.

:D :D :D

Did you complain to the College afterwards?

cant complain, she was just being disinhibited and frontal-lobe-like, and common sense just abandonned me!