Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
77Aravind

CASC Passing percentage in April 09 "vote"

50 posts in this topic

I dont think there would be much difference from last diet

i agree with u.. looks like the College have found their sweet spot with the results.. and this is what the PMETB might want from them too.. so it will still hover around the 33% mark

I am surprised to see that many people here are soo optimistic - thinking it will be between 35-45%

Eventhough most of the canditates believe it will be around 33% they are trying to reassure themselves by going for over 35% and hey dat includes me :P

looking at the predictions,it shows the low morale trainees have towards college.

May be college will get thier financial due this time by failing majority in nov 08 & collecting £760 this time.

The graph exactly looks like someone is showing us the middle finger!

Wonder who that is!!! :-[ :lol: :lol: :lol:

The graph exactly looks like someone is showing us the middle finger!

Wonder who that is!!! :-[ :lol: :lol: :lol:

i can only suggest someone in London ;) hehe

think the passing percentage will be higher.

gut feeling or u reckon its due to the fact that the ST4 posts are all filled up by now..

hope it goes up! could they surprise us by being nice for a change!

i'd like to know the odds of taht happening !

i mean Zimbabwe have better chances of winning a test series against australia !

Im sure more will be passed- its the marking consultants who set the pass mark- they are all asked what they think it should be before they leave the stadium.

I think there was a general view amongst consultants that too few had passed last time- certainly ones I work with.

i'd like to know the odds of taht happening !

i mean Zimbabwe have better chances of winning a test series against australia !

:-/ :-/ :-X :-X

The College has a tendency to surprise! I think the pass rate this time would be higher. The college has come under some spotlight (remember the Guardian article?) recently. Moreover, it seems fewer candidates are taking the exam nowadays. Whether this is as a result of the difficulties of obtaining all the necessary signatories, the cost of the exam or disillussionment is difficult to say. Either way, the college needs funds!

Justice it is nice to hear from you again. I hope it went well and wish you all the luck :)

Justice it is nice to hear from you again. I hope it went well and wish you all the luck :)

:lol: :lol: :) :)

Thanks Alwaleed. Hope you're hale and hearty.

Well, the exam, as you know, is unpredictable with lots of surprises. Just fingers crossed!

Shall give you a ring asap.

There is a vague feeling that the results will be better this time according to various guys I have met after exams!

Hopefully this time college keeps the trainee morale in high spirits! ;)

8-) 8-) 8-)

Has anyone heard how many stations the examiners this time think one needs to pass to pass the CASC? One of my colleagues told me he heard shortly after the last CASC that they had set 12 stations and it turned out to be true!

Yes I have it on good authority it will be 13 stations this diet.

I dont understand their quote on how the pass mark can be changed if you read the link- by the sub commity?

How do you know the cut off will be 13 this time around?

The pass mark is set by an established and defensible method of standard setting. The College can then lower or raise it. Ahemm....

i was only kidding about 13 its twelve according to website although then they go on to say a subcomittee can change this which seems bizarre

I would guess twelve is what it will be as now the stations are all reasonably well known this would mean a good few percent more will pass this time than last time.

I rekon early 40 percents lol