Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
princess123

CASC - Good luck to all

126 posts in this topic

Good luck to all of you.

I am very nervous. Can't trust the College. Don't know what shockers they will come up with this time round.

Its hard not to be nervous and off course there will be seemingly difficult scenarios but thats what the exam is about, testing your competencies in the face of difficutly and uncertainty. And remember majority of us wont ve a clue about those stations and only a few of us perhaps will pass them but you can always compensate for it by performing in those which are routine and expected.

Good luck to every one sitting the exams. Please remember to always have an optimistic view , believe in yourself that you can do it, other people that have passed the exam are not better than you. To have passed the other part of the exams mean you can do this as well.Good luck once again. ;)

Good luck to all. Can I suggest to try and keep everything that has happened as far back in your minds, as possible. The college will always set a few stations to test your concentration in between the stations by setting tasks slightly different to those that usually come. My sincere advice is that dont go in with a feeling of being targetted. Its easy for me to say of course, but I also sincerely hope for best of luck for everyone. I know how ridculously frustrating it is to give these exams. Good luck.

;) ;) ;)

Good luck to every one sitting the exams. Please remember to always have  an optimistic view , believe in yourself that you can do it, other people that have passed the exam are not better than you. To have passed the other part of the exams mean you can do this as well.Good luck once again. ;)

Thanks Suki

I have decided to postpone all my negative views about the college till 5th of April. Uptil 5th of April, Royal College of Psychiatrists is the best and the fairest college in the world and is giving hundred percent result this time. I might change my views after 5th of April but so far

'East or west

RCPsych is the best'

Good luck to all

i am trying to reassure myself with basic techniques.

in history taking stations:stick to basic history taking

in mse:basic mse format and risk assessment

in risk assessment :bit of history,mse and of course risk assessment

psychotherapy :reflect when you elicit psychopathology

management :golden rule :you have all the powers,resources and stick to textbook ideal management in bio psycho social model ,not to be misguided by the prevailing practices

i am trying to reassure myself with basic techniques.

in history taking stations:stick to basic history taking

in mse:basic mse format and risk assessment

in risk assessment :bit of history,mse and of course risk assessment

psychotherapy :reflect when you elicit psychopathology

management :golden rule :you have all the powers,resources and stick to textbook ideal management in bio psycho social model ,not to be misguided by the prevailing practices

And never forget communication/empathy in everything. Always introduce yourselves and less the jargon the better. BOL again ;)

One can do what one can do, I am as nervous as any of you, but trying to be focussed and positive (and not cynical).

Best of luck to everyone. :lol:

One rule for all the stations: STRUCTURE STRUCTURE STRUCTURE!!!

All the best Amigos!

'Que sera sera' at the eve of exams is a sign of learned helplessness, desperatecandidate! 8-)

One rule for all the stations: STRUCTURE STRUCTURE STRUCTURE!!!

All the best Amigos!

'Que sera sera' at the eve of exams is a sign of learned helplessness, desperatecandidate! 8-)

hey, when is ur exam > what date ?

Last day last circuit! >:( :( [smiley=thumbdown.gif] :-[

Having become a veteran of sorts, if my advice is worth a penny ;), one should concentrate on the basics and communication skills, 'cos that's what matters.

Good luck and Godspeed ;)

Last day last circuit! >:( :( [smiley=thumbdown.gif] :-[

uggh.. that sucks man. i had to suffer that fate last time round.. this time i am more comfortably placedd.. first day first show ;)

well, good luck to u dude !

Good luck to everyone!

I am just trying to remind myself that when I have the experience,knowledge,communication skills & understanding of patients perspective,I have all reasons to pass.

But at the same time  LUCK should shine on us & the magic should happen in those 7 or 10 Min's,so that we impress majority of examiners from various background.

At the end of the day it is subjective interpretation of your performance.

[smiley=thumb up.gif]

all the best to everyone.just remember if u hav progressed in psychiatry to the level where u r now giving casc that means u all have the communication skills, empathy,knowledge and grit to be a good psychiatrist.so go with that confidence not trying too hard.hope all of u come out passing. ;)

All the very best to everybody!

We hope that we will all pass through this exam.

Regards

Good luck to everyone................hope you all find favour with the actors and examiners.