Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
staycool

this poll is to see if speciality and variety of work has any impact on CASC pass

9 posts in this topic

If people worked in other specialities like eating disorders / neuropsychiatry and feel that it helped with CASC feel free to comment .

Regards

Stay cool

stay cool pls modify the poll with an option 'just to c the results'.otherwise it ll bcome severely biased. :(

could you add

others-pass

Congrats, Muskilan! ;)

Sorry didn't have more options . Please feel free to discuss about other specialities that did/ didn't help with CASC.

It is a horrible feeling to fail and clinically I am much the same as last attempt .I feel that switching to general adult for a short period helped and want to see if others have similar experiences or difficulties.

Regards

Staycool

I am working in general adult and practised a number of times with my consultant. Got a positive feed back from him most of the time. Also attended CASC exam practice and passed in 14/16 stations but unfortunately didnt in the real CASC! >:(

I feel that switching to general adult for a short period helped

Interesting... much of what I'm thinking right now. Could you please elaborate on what you mean - changing jobs or attending extra clinics on top of your job - and which specialty were you working in?

I really can't see any difference in how I did the exam but most certainly I was more relaxed . I changed from an old age job to general adult . I was becomming too 'organic' in thinking . good for old age but not for college exams. the exam felt like a busy OPC with no DNA. :)

Also I can see 7 from other specialities who didn't make it . could you please comment on which speciality for the benefit of others.

Regards