Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
happychap

Results letters

41 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Does anyone know do we get the results letter tomorrow Saturday and

1. Do we find out which stations we failed even if we passed- im sooo curious

2. Also how much loot will they want out of me for membership and is this fixed each year. (my credit card suffering the courses!)

3. Also, as an SPR does the MPS or GMC fees rise up a lot

Thanks for any help guys. I should be partying but im working :(

Man, savour the moment and learn to enjoy.........................

You've just passed a major professional exam........nothing else should matter at the moment.

Oh yes, the college will bleed you dry with membership fee...............but who cares.............YOU PASSED.

Congrats. ;)

thanks mate you are right

just curious to know if i failed certain stations after amonth mulling over them !

Congrats, happychappy!

All that gin didn't go waste, eh? :D :D :D

Congrats, happychappy!

All that gin didn't go waste, eh? :D :D :D

What about u nocturnal? did u pass and have forgotten to update ur profile??

yeah nocturnal i'm curious, hope you passed!

i was told the college take about £300 from you when you pass. and your defence union will charge considerably more for an spr. but who cares?? you passed!

i'm staring out the window looking for the postman. i think you do get a results breakdown even if you passed; we'll find out shortly...

yeah nocturnal i'm curious, hope you passed!

i was told the college take about £300 from you when you pass. and your defence union will charge considerably more for an spr. but who cares?? you passed!

i'm staring out the window looking for the postman. i think you do get a results breakdown even if you passed; we'll find out shortly...

Congrats Roxy! ;)

I always knew you would get through!

If I only was a psychic rather than a psych trainee, I would have been more successful! :(

Yeah, I failed! [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

that sucks and i'm sorry to hear it... i can't get my head around how subjective the exam is.

the post just came... nothing from the college. grr!

what do other people's letters say??

that sucks and i'm sorry to hear it... i can't get my head around how subjective the exam is.

the post just came... nothing from the college. grr!

what do other people's letters say??

Since you passed the letter will be to congratulate you. Plus you will also be told how many stations you did pass. However you will not get the detailed feedback like we do. But the most important content of the mail would be urging to to pay the membership fee for the MRCPsych.

Well, atleast it is better than paying the college £760 every 6 months! :-[

Nocturnal, you have been a valuable contributor to this site and I am shocked that you didnt pass.

Nocturnal, you have been a valuable contributor to this site and I am shocked that you didnt pass.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, mate!

Will try to do better next time! ;)

I can't believe i passed 11 stations. I failed CVS examination of all things. I wonder what else I should have done there?

I havent got the feedback yet I dont know why, all my friends have. I passed 11 last ttime. I felt like throttling either myself or one of the examiners. :D

I havent got the feedback yet I dont know why, all my friends have.   I passed 11 last ttime. I felt like throttling either myself or one of the examiners. :D

Reading this I come to know that I am not the only one who performed very well (according to my own judgement and satisfaction level) and yet failed.

I can't believe i passed 11 stations. I failed CVS examination of all things. I wonder what else I should have done there?

dont worry masn.. u aint the only one.. this is second time i got 11... besides once more i failed stations that i had passed previously.. esp when i did the same things.. in fact this time i felt, i had done better in them as compared to the last time !

so there u go.. the discrepancies and irrgularities of the college in marking and assessment continue..

If Sagir can fail the stations he passed previously, doing same things again in the same stations, I have to believe that this exam is highly highly subjective. If Sagir is fail then I have no regrets. We'll only pass with our luck and luck can come at any time.

I absolutely agree. Moreover the problem with purely performance based testing with simulators is there are so many random variables which we cannot control eg has the examiner slept well the previous night, have they had a fight with their spouse and hence in a foul mood, the same goes for the role player as well and you cannot take out subjectivity from any human interaction however much training you give examiners. I suggest the college import some robots from Japan to act as examiners and role players.  :lol:

Just imagine from a result of about 60 % in the old style exam facing just one examiner, they are down to 35% result facing 16X2. (examiners plus role players). Most people will not consider that, the only obvious thing being these dumbos are failing again and again and again, they must be real idiots. I am really ashamed to go back to work on Monday and face everyone. It does shatter your self confidence. But there is no alternative other than to grin and bear it I suppose.  

U all r right i have also passed 11 stations and this was my 3rd attempt i cant believe i failed CVS exam ( the psychiatric consultants marking that station must havnt done the CVS exam for last 20 years who were assessing us) i dont know i am heartbroken.

I failed the D/D station for delirium ( linked) and i can see examiner was literally sleeping there i told him my d/d and management and he asked me again after 6 min so what is ur D/D as he was sleeping with eyes half open. I think this exam is very subjective and it depends on marking consultant, actor and ur luck.

But never mind inshalah the day will come when we will pass as they are making us more strong and courageous with each failure.

u are all intelligent nice people. This exam says nothing about how competent clinicians u guys are. U will get there very soon. I hope I pass paper 3 too haha

[highlight]u are all intelligent nice people. This exam says nothing about how competent clinicians u guys are. U will get there very soon.[/highlight] I hope I pass paper 3 too haha

I am getting grave doubts about this. I have been a doctor for 15 yrs and hav never failed at any exam so many times. Once is chance twice is bad luck. third time in a row????? enough to crush anyone. If we are not bad clinicians then how can you justify that 32 plus 32 plus 24 people did not feel that on 3 different occasions?????? Is it worth continuing or ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If it's so subjective and nothing to do with individual performance, why do the same people fail time and time again?

[highlight]u are all intelligent nice people. This exam says nothing about how competent clinicians u guys are. U will get there very soon.[/highlight] I hope I pass paper 3 too haha

I am getting grave doubts about this. I have been a doctor for 15 yrs and hav never failed at any exam so many times. Once is chance twice is bad luck. third time in a row????? enough to crush anyone. If we are not bad clinicians then how can you justify that 32 plus 32 plus 24 people did not feel that on 3 different occasions?????? Is it worth continuing or ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I dont think this is about you Eeyore , this is about an exam that is heavily stacked against a set group of people and favouring one subpopulation. Is it racism , thats up for debate but surely how can u justify an almost 100% pass in one group and 32% in another.  

Its so very easy to become disillusioned however , you just need to continue taking the exam hoping next time is your lucky day.This was my third attempt and I passed , not having done any different from the previous exams . A lot of it is luck.

give yourself a break for now however dont leave it too long , you just need to get back to preparing for the next exam. Believe me this is not about you , this is about the system ....

If it's so subjective and nothing to do with individual performance, why do the same people fail time and time again?

Well done Herrdoktor!!!! Congrats, my heart goes out to you, celebrate friend and leave the rantings and ravings to us. I am surprised with all the EMPATHY the RC has deemed you to possess(having passed the CASC, I would think you all are EMPATHY personified), you are unable to empathise with our frustration.

I am reminded of a line from a Woody Harrelson film I have forgotten the name of, Woody is lectruring to a group of architecture students.He shows them a brick and asks what it is and people mostly say it is a red brick, some say it is a weapon, one says it is a brick trying to become something more. I feel like that, I may be a imbecile, dumb, idiot for repeatedly failing but at least I am trying. You are MRCPssych today, so what I will be tomorrow. To hell with subjectivity and objectivity.

I dont think this is about you Eeyore , this is about an exam that is heavily stalked against a set group of people and favouring one subpopulation. Is it racism , thats up for debate but surely how can u justify an almost 100% pass in one group and 32% in another.  

Its so very easy to become disillusioned however , you just need to continue taking the exam hoping next time is your lucky day.[highlight]This was my third attempt and I passed , not having done any different from the previous exams [/highlight]. A lot of it is luck.

give yourself a break for now however dont leave it too long , you just need to get back to preparing for the next exam. Believe me this is not about you , this is about the system ....

Congrats Magic . pls update ur profile by the way. and yes no point in getting disillusioned.

I am really ashamed to go back to work on Monday and face everyone.  

there is no need to feel that way eyeore.this is just a crap subjective exam which is a super money making apparatus for the college.in these times of recession its hardly surprising they try to fail as many as possible.a year from now u wud not b caring less for this crap of a drama process called casc 'exam'.so buck up and move on with ur head held high. :)