Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest aj

CASC book: MRCPsych: Passing the CASC Exam by Justin Sauer

10 posts in this topic

MRCPsych: Passing the CASC Exam

by Justin Sauer Published in May 2009.

Any good at all? Or it is just the copy of MRCPsych Part I Passing the OSCE (Old system)?

Obsession

It is not the copy of the old book. It is brand new. Many of the stations are not from the exam but from their course. Overall good book. Definitely part 2 level and much above part 1 level. Tells how to approach a station and dos and don'ts. Tells about key issues.

No conflict of interest. Spent money on buying the book as well as for attending their course.

:) :) ;) ;) :D :D

I haven't read the book and so can't comment. My experience of books in CASC is that most of them are not written with the very high standards the College expects from candidates. In many cases, the authors have recycled the old Part 1 OSCE questions.

Is really a good CASC book out there covering some or most of the past CASC stations?

Opinions and comments welcomed.

Thanks

Justin's Part 1 OSCE book was excellent according to my opinion... that was the only book I read for my part 1 OSCE...

I havent read this book... but if it is anything to go by his first book, I imagine it would be one of the best in its class (not that there are many in the class)

I think this will be quite a good book. It is not as basic as OSCE book like M Albert but not as complicated/bulky as PMP book (forgot the author).

I feel it will be the best book for casc if I pass this time.

Justin's Part 1 OSCE book was excellent according to my opinion... that was the only book I read for my part 1 OSCE...

I havent read this book... but if it is anything to go by his first book, I imagine it would be one of the best in its class (not that there are many in the class)

You have gone tooooooooooo faaaaaaaaaaaar in your prediction. There is no such good book for CASC. Practice your station, Pray to god and if you r lucky, then you pass the exam.

You have gone tooooooooooo faaaaaaaaaaaar in your prediction. There is no such good book for CASC. [highlight]Practice your station, Pray to god and if you r lucky, then you pass the exam[/highlight].

Totally agree with you on that. As far as the book goes, I have seen it, it is not great and I am slightly disappointed to be honest. I have come to the conclusion it will be very difficult to come out with a 'good' CASC book bcoz everything said and done, no one has the foggiest what it is about, it is like that story of 7 blind men and the elephant, so mental, ur advice is appropriate, practice and pray to GOD that LADY LUCK smiles upon you in the form of examiners and role players on your DDay. :)

Dear Mental, why don't you look at Dorian's profile before you advise him to pass the MRCPsych? :-?

I think that advice was not specific to Dorian. He was replying to Dorian's message but the advice was for us, the failures in the last CASC exam.