Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
perfection

st4progression /spring 2008

3 posts in this topic

I did not manage to pass the theory part 2 exam and just realized that will have only one more chance to pass part 2 in spring 2008. The problem is that I am worried about progression to st4 in case I again do not manage to pass part3 and osces.

Anyone in my situation. What is latest news reg eligibility to progress to st4.?What happens to all those st3 docs who did not manage to pass spring 2008 part3 and osces ?Results of that exam will come by 27 june 2008 so can they decide to chuck failed st3 docs out of system?

Any news guys to calm or heighten my anxieties..... :( :'(

Also is it just rumour or true that spring 2008 would be easier exam???????

I understand your anxieties. I am in the same boat as yourself but through a different way. I anticipated that most likely I will not pass if I sit the exam this September so I did not apply. Moving, new system, lots of WPBAs and stress are enough for Autumn 2007. I will take Paper 3 in March

I think Paper 3 will be easier in a way but more difficult in another. It is easier as it is a much shorter exam, only MCQs with no essay or critical appraisal and best of five makes more sense than ISQ. It would be more difficult for the fact that it is a NEW exam and nobody knows how to prepare for it. Also going for a course will not be as helpful as before where we had more than 50% of questions repeated. What makes it more difficult is that you have one and only chance although I doubt this.

If anyone tells you anything about progression from ST3 to ST4, he or she is definitely a liar. NO BODY KNOWS what will happen or even what 'Satisfactory progression' is. We have to wait and hopefully not for long before things are finalised. If you are on ST programme already then you will have a job even if MRCPsych is a requirement and you do not pass next year. You are entitled for some 'remedial training' or repetition of ST3 if you are not eligible to go up. ofcourse this is not indefinite and I have heard it will be no more than 18 months in total in the 6 years.

Relax and enjoy time. This is a much better scenario than having to go through the stress of the clinical and not pass it. at least you will have time to take a breath and apply for paper 3. Some of those who passed are in a worse situation than yourself; I mean those who will not pass the clinical. Whoever does not pass the clinical would have put himself in a very stupid position having to read, study and finally pass the written then again stress, pay money and effort in the clinical then HAving to repeat all. Thankls god we can hold paper 3 for more than one OSCE, finally there is some sense in the College exams.

Good Luck, let me know if we caan study for paper 3 together

hey NY,

my spirits have just lifted(dont know why :D) reading wot you have written, as iam an st3 and failed theory..same boat as you...