Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
victoriacohen

Exam entry requirements

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know anything about how many CBDs and ACEs etc we have to complete before sitting paper 3 on it's first appearance? It seems as though we would have to collect 2-3 years worth of forms in about 6 months!

Are we able to go back to old employers and get them to fill in the forms? What evidence do we need and how will they be externally examined?

Is the college any clearer on this?

Please help :-?

You do not need to do this. If you are in ST 3 level then you would have done 2 years of psychiatry as a minimum. During the transition period you can apply for the exam under the previous eligibility criteria i.e 30 months SHO training including 6 months in Developmental psychiatry.

Good luck

See royal college website www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/RegulationsJune2006.pdf

You don't need to have done developmental psychiatry to sit the exam, but you can't get your membership without it. Look at the latest pass list - those without asterisks by their name haven't fulfilled training requirements which presumably means they haven't done C&A or LD. Anyone know any other reason for not having an asterisk by your name?

I think that is the only reason (I don't think psychotherapy experience is strictly necessary but I might be wrong)

I know that we don't need to do Workplace based assessments to sit the exam but does anyone know if we need to do them to progress to ST4 etc.

You do not need to do this. If you are in ST 3 level then you would have done 2 years of psychiatry as a minimum. During the transition period you can apply for the exam under the previous eligibility criteria i.e 30 months SHO training including 6 months in Developmental psychiatry.

Good luck

If you don't have Part 1 yet, but do have more than 30 months training, then do you use the old eligibility criteria or new? I'm thinking of sitting all Papers together in Spring (1-3 and OSCE)

Good luck

If you don't have Part 1 yet, but do have more than 30 months training, then do you use the old eligibility criteria or new? I'm thinking of sitting all Papers together in Spring (1-3 and OSCE)

You need to read the guidelines on the college website.....i think its quite explanatory. With 30months, you can apply under the old eligiblity criteria, but if you look at the timetable, it will be impossible for you to register for part 3 next spring.