Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naderyakoub

New MRCPsych Regulations

15 posts in this topic

Hmm, Interesting I think I will pass it on to the Director of Medical Education in the Mersey Deanery. I have been told that MRCPsych for Paper 3 is not mandatory according to Royal College, but these new criteria are obviously different. Also I think previously the College said we don't need WPBAs for paper 3 until 2010.

I have been told that MRCPsych for Paper 3 is not mandatory according to Royal College

Did u mean MRCPsych part 1?

No I meant yr 3 teaching for 3rd yr SHOs. Some Deaneries have year 3 teaching . Mersey doesn't. I did query this and was told that MRCPsych teaching is only mandatory for yr 1 & 2. But college criteria now say it is mandatory.

Also I am not quite sure about the pass in Paper 3 can be banked only until Dec 2008, does it mean If people dont clear the OSCE by Dec 2008, they will need to sit paper 3 again.

I think so and it is really confusing....

I am in a non Deanery post wanting to take Paper 3 in march, I have written to the college to ask whether work placed assessments is mandatory to me but still waiting to hear from them !

we are all in the same boat now..........

I think you all need to read the transitional arrangements. This is the most relevant section for most of trainees considering paper 3

It still doesn't make it clear in the new exam regulations whether we have to do WPBAs prior to taking Paper 3 in March 2008...even if you read the transition section.

If we do have o do them, it's going to be alot of assessments in a short period of time!!

If you are eligible to sit Part 2 on the old system, then you can apply under the transition period

So does it mean we dont need to do WPBAs. I think I am having Chronic Fatigue Syndrome of the Brain. Nothing makes sense to me anymore.

Have there been further changes to the exam regulations in the transition stage? or is my mind playing tricks? It seems to me that those in RT or FTs can after all bank a pass in Paper 3 for 18 months. And do we still need WPBAs?

Do not try to ask too many question because simply nobody will be able to answer

all those in non st pots eg SG etc they can take paper 3 exam , with no other requirements ,provided they have MPcsych 1 and a period of training, even if not currently attending any training course.

The trouble for people like me is that time period is very short, only one year.

What do other say ??

i agree with you its only 2 trial in 2008, but if you pass the written in 2008 how they going to bank your results for 18 month bec that will take you beyond dec 2008.

so by dec 2008 if you dont pass paper3 your mrcp1 mean nothing any more . off course iam talking about SG POSTS. AM I right or iam misreading the regulation . please comment as i think iam losing it !!!!!

In a way yes, but i don,t think the reality is that harsh as you sound.

MRCpcyh is not going to vanish, it will stay with you, only you have to take on an ST or FTSTA post and then of sourse u r free to appear in college exams.

Correct me if i have got wrong end of the stick.

I really like ure nick khanjee.....thats what I call a cuz of mine.