Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terminal4

Paper 3 in 08 - eligibilit- Advice  plz

34 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have 30months SHO experience with my Part1 and i've started my FTSTA2 from aug o7.

I intend to take Paper 3 in mar 08.According to college website we should have 12WBPA(8ace+4Cbd)to sit for the exam.Should i do 12 assessment within next 6months to eligibile for paper3?

Could someone clarify this?Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks in advance.

I am also in the same position but started working in Australia. I don't know how it would work for me. I am looking forward to get some positive response from the Royal College, so that i could sit for paper 3 in March.

Getting too complicated!!

You can appear for paper 3 under the old eligibility criteria if you have passed part1. So you need only 30 months experience. Work based assessments do not count under old criteria.

Hi,

I have 30months SHO experience with my Part1 and i've started my FTSTA2 from aug o7.

I intend to take Paper 3 in mar 08.According to college website we should have 12WBPA(8ace+4Cbd)to sit for the  exam.Should i do 12 assessment within next 6months to eligibile for paper3?

Could someone clarify this?Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks in advance.

cHECK THE COLLEGE WEBSITE...THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA IS CLEARLY WRITTEN THERE.

If you are FTSTA 3 it means you have passed part1. So you can sit the exam under the old eligibility criteria till 2010. Check exams section on college website please.

What about people like me who have completed 30 months but have not got Part1 yet ...hopefully get this time but if i dont then how do i appear for paper 3  im not on ST or FTSTA .RCpsych eligibilty crieria says u can resit paper 1 and 2 but for 3 and 4 u need new criteria .Does tha mmean i can take Paper 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4?

By next year, if u dont have Part 1, you have to do paper 1 and 2, which u can register for under the old criteria.

You can only do paper 3 if you already have part 1 by the time u r registering for the exam. Hope this is clear.

Suppose if i dont pass thiss time and pass Paper 1 and 2 next time will i be able to take 3 and 4 even if im not on ST?

you dont have to be ST to sit the exams. The criteria for sitting exams are CLEARLY on the college website. If u dont pass this time, u will have to do paper 1 and 2. And if u pass that, u can do paper 3 and 4(OSCE).

Hi, please can anyone advice me!

I have passed my part 1 and will have done 24 months of psychiatry and 6 months of medicine by march 2008, according to the old eligibility criteria should therefore be able to sit paper 3 then. I have rung up the Royal College and they have said this was right but have now received an email saying they are changing this and you can no longer count 6 months of medicine. This has not changed on the website however and I wonder if the person emailing me has made a mistake but they are not getting back to me again. Surely they cannot change this in the middle of the transition period?

is anyone else in a similar situation? be great to hear from you as don't know if I should appeal this further?

I would love to advice you on this matter but unfortunately do not know the answer! ;)

I didnt know they reckon with 6months of medicine before. Always thought it had to be 30months of Psychiatry experience.

Tour best bet is to keep contacting the college or preferably get your clinical tutor behind you and write to them on your behalf.

Kreely, could you please clarify where on the website you got your information?

Re not needing to be in ST post - I can only find eligibilty info saying 'All trainees who enter run through training ... may...etc'.

I can't find anything saying you can only do paper 3 if you have part 1 at the time of registering. The College have told me on the phone that I can register for ALL papers (1, 2, 3 and OSCE)together if I want (I have enough experience).

Success,

See the following link. Go to section 2 cATEGORY 1. iT MENTIONS st2-3 OR FTSTA

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Regulations2008Final%2031-10-07.pdf

[highlight]Re not needing to be in ST post - I can only find eligibilty info saying 'All trainees who enter run through training ... may...etc'.[/highlight]

I can't find anything saying you can only do paper 3 if you have part 1 at the time of registering. The College have told me on the phone that I can register for ALL papers (1, 2, 3 and OSCE)together if I want (I have enough experience).

See the following link. Page 9 for OSCES and they will then refer u to page 5. It seems that for paper3 only 24 months experience is needed, Only for OSCEs u need 30 months out of that 6 months can be in medicicne.

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Regulations2008Final%2031-10-07.pdf

[highlight]Re not needing to be in ST post - I can only find eligibilty info saying 'All trainees who enter run through training ... may...etc'.[/highlight]

Hi, please can anyone advice me!

I have passed my part 1 and will have done 24 months of psychiatry and 6 months of medicine by march 2008, according to the old eligibility criteria should therefore be able to sit paper 3 then. I have rung up the Royal College and they have said this was right but have now received an email saying they are changing this and you can no longer count 6 months of medicine. This has not changed on the website however and I wonder if the person emailing me has made a mistake but they are not getting back to me again. Surely they cannot change this in the middle of the transition period?

is anyone else in a similar situation? be great to hear from you as don't know if I should appeal this further?

let me just complicate things....I am a staff grade and just passed my part 1. Can I sit paper 3 in march??????

In new rules it has written that after dec,2008 to re-sit in exam you need to be in ST o FSTA post.this means that staff grade can not sit in exam after Dec 2008.Can somebody clarify this.

Can someone please clarfy whether middle grades with part one can sit paper 3 after december 08

Yes, staff grades (even in educationally approved posts) will not be able to sit exams after the end of 2008. I think they are intending to stop the 'educational approval' thing. Already, educationally approved posts do not count towards training,

I really dont see the rationale behind this new rule :-/ apart from further increasing the competition for ST posts

This is not the case. Please reffer to college guidelines reg new exam regulations.

what do u mean angelt.... man this whole thing is confusing me now hahaha