Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
psychiatry06

please help

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I have got 18 month experience in training post, as SHO, and have got the Part-1.Now I am on a staff grade post in Adult Psychiatry with on calls with SHO.

So I am still short of 6 months to be elligible for paper -3.

#Do I need to get my post recognised for EXAMINATION or TRAINING? or both?

#Shall I have to then attend the wednesday teaching?

#For getting the post recognised do I write to Dean/Associate Dean of Royal College of Psychiatry only or also to PMETB ?

#I work only 4 days a week, will that affect approval, do I need to apply through flexible training?then should it be to PMETB?

#Has anybody received any confirmation of approval yet? how long did it take ?

any opinion or advice will be very much appreciated

As far as I understand training approval & flexible training is by PMETB( if it is still existant), exam approval is by Royal College, but in order to do exams, your post must be training approved. I once wrote to PMETB as I was thinking of appying for staff grade job. As far as I know approval has to be sought prospectively but you should write and find out.

Just go on...

I suggest you go thru your college tutor or clinical tutor in your area... they shud be able to advise you...

I guess this is the process...

Usually you will have to forward the letter to the dean/ the specialty training commitee chairman through the college tutor along with job description and opportunities for educational and clinical supervision... and he/she will have to forward it to the PMETB...

Go through similar posts in this forum and see suggestions and advice from other people. There has been several discussions on this issue that you might find benefitial.

thanks all

I have read most of the posts, but people writing there mostly have completed 24 months in a training post, so for them it is getting the current post recognised for exam mostly.

but for me I am not only short of 6 months but also working 4 days a week!!!

I have already discussed with clinical tutor, nobody appears to be quite sure what to do!! and time is passing by!!

but thnx a lot for your advice

Speak to the college themselves, send an email to the contacts on the RCPsych examinations webpages. They will give you a definitive answer.

Speak to the college themselves, send an email to the contacts on the RCPsych examinations webpages. They will give you a definitive answer.[highlight][/highlight]

Yeah , thats what I am doing,

thnx Chris