Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drphoenix

ELIGIBILITY FOR CT3

5 posts in this topic

I recently ap-plied for only paper 1, contrary to my initial plans to apply for both paper 1 and 2 and sit it on the same day 19/02/08.

I am now wondering what the eligibility criteria is for applying for CT3 from ST2. Whether or not paper 2 is also essential for CT3.

I dont intend to take both papers on the same day and risk not getting any of them and would rather ensure i've pocketed atleast 1 paper first.

Are there others in the same position as I am?

Hi. yeah i am in a similar situation. am doing an FTSTA 2 and actually don't know what is comming up. have applied for jobs etc. i think as far as my understanding goes you are suppposed to have passed the mrcpsych by the end of the CT3 so it should n't matter how many parts you have passed already or are going to sit for any you can only go for the CT4 if you have passed mrcpsych all parts....i hope this helps...

You need to have passed paer 1&2 or old part 1 to be eligible for paper 3.

Its clearly spelt out on the college website.

i thought the confusion was not about paper 3.....its actually very clear...i thought drphoinix wanted to ask about the eligibility for CT3 or ST3 post as it is known usually...

Oh my mistake....my mind playing tricks on me.

The eligibility (as advertised by most deaneries) has not changed compared to last year. The essential criteria are

1) Pass in Part 1 (equivalent to paper [highlight]1&2[/highlight])

2)>24 months training experience.

So CT1 ....<12MONTHS EXPERIENCE

CT 2 <24MONTHS (NO EXAM REQUIREMENT

CT3 ...NEEDS PASS IN PART 1.