Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naderyakoub

Curious Question Re: SGs and Exam

9 posts in this topic

I may not be in this position but I am very curious to know the answer to this question

What is a SG who passed Paper 3 this time joins training from August, does this automatically increase the exam validity till January 2010?

What about the other way around, if someone in training takes up a SG post now??

The results letter states that if we are in training, the pass will be banked till Jan 2010. It did not state clearly that we hacve to remain in training !!

What a Mess

I had the same query. I have just accepted a SG post giving up my FTST3 which would have ended in Aug 2008 anyway.

I just now called up the College asking them if I come back into training from Aug 2008, can I then assume that my Paper 3 pass will be banked until yr 2010 ? He said 'Yes' and said that the regulations regarding the discrimination against SG may even change. But I don't believe the College. Unless we do something NOW, things will not change.

I was also confused initially but if u pass paper 3 u will take CASC in Nov and doesnt matter i f u r in training or not ....if u dont pass CASC then if ur in trainng u can retake it if not u cant....The bottom line is to resit any part of exam after Dec 2008 u have to be in training post.....if u take staff grade post after August then if u pass paper 3 in august u can take CASC in Nov ....to retake it after that u have to be in training....hope it makes sense

When you are filling up your CASC form, there you will have state your grade of current job. If you write staff grade as your grade then you will be degraded from the exam after Dec 2008. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

This is the current ruling but we are fighting for this to be changed as soon as possible. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Wish us luck ;) ;)

Hi Pandit,

I am at present an FTSTA3 and am due to take up a staffgrade job next month. When you said u are fighting against the new rule, can u tell me what exactly are you doing? I would like to join your fight. It is high time that we do something about it.

Hi Kiran,

We are trying to find a proper channel through which we can file a legal case against this current ruling of doctors not in training post can not give exams after December 2008. We have tried talking to Royal College, BMA and other legal channels without a solid response. Now I waiting for some one to give us a direction to go ahead with the case. My only hope is BAPIO, they can give us some direction :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Hi Pandit,

I am at present an FTSTA3 and am due to take up a staffgrade job next month. When you said u are fighting against the new rule, can u tell me what exactly are you doing? I would like to join your fight. It is high time that we do something about it.

Hi Kiran

we have contacted Remedy, BMA and BAPIO. Remedy has given a positive reply as they are going to confront the college directly on it. we ll hear from them soon. BMA is useless , i contacted them but they shrugged it off by saying that it is a training issue and they cannot do anything about it.

I am not aware of a response from BAPIO.

If possible join Remedy, you can join by paying £8 on a monthly basis. They are useful and they are on the watchout for Remedy representatives in different regions and different specialies.

Thanks Khurramlodhi.

Regarding BAPIO, for some reason Dr Mehta has not replied yet. I will send another request.

Regarding REMEDY involvement, keep us posted. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Once again big thank you.

Cheers kris

thanks very much Pandit and Khurramlodhi. I will join Remedy UK. If we can fight this out we will feel more secure