Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sipper

staff grade and xams

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

i am looking at SG jobs as ai have done 4 yrs sho training and do not have any CT/ST/FTSTA post from Aug.

I am half way with exams and am not sure what is the limit for someone like me to take the exams. Is Dec the last time one can take the exam as a SG? or likesome ppl have been told ??by college that ppl will be allowed to take and complete exams??

They havent changed the regulations with regards to this if this is the case!!!

As far as I know Dec is deadline but if we struggle it may change.

Hi Guys, i thought i should discuss it with you. I recently contacted the BMA regarding the deadline given to staff grades for passing their MRCPsch i.e Dec 2008. The BMA rep told me at point blank that they caanot do anything in this issue and we have to go adress this issue collectively and directly with the royal College. I am a member of Remedy UK as well and will try to get their perspective about it ASAP.

If you have any querries contact me on

0774254002/ khurramlodhi74@hotmail.com

Hi Guys , there is different thread on the same topic in CASC section (i think) and I guess your suggestions and efforts will bring more inspiration and much needed motivation for affected group to come together to take a concerted step.

Hi Guys , there is different thread on the same topic in [highlight]CASC section [/highlight](i think) and I guess your suggestions and efforts will bring more inspiration and much needed motivation for affected group to come together to take a concerted step.

Sorry not in CASC section but in MRCPsych Paper 111 section.

Hi guys I have just talked to examinations dept at royal college and they say that they think there would be changes to the regulations and we should be looking at the website...We can also write to the examinations incharge so taht our side is heard.

india

i spoke to a lady at exam deptt n she was quite clear in saying that the exam regulations will not be reviewed until next yr. i guess thats what we all should expect.

I recieved an e-mail from head of examination section that there will amenment in rules in August this year.

Could you please tell who was the lady you spoke??

The link above is saying 'page not found'. Page not found

Sorry, we have recently moved to a new system, and all our URLs have changed. We have been unable to redirect you to the new page automatically. Please try using our search engine or our sitemap to find the page you want.

Go to College Web Site then Exams and you will find the announcement on Eligibility for Non-PMETB posts

Go to exams and it is under the Resources section

See New

I hope the decision is in our favour. I just started a SG job last October and if we can't take the exams after Dec 08, we are basically screwed. It will be unlikely that we can get a training job again.

:( and >:(

I agree with you euthymic. Both options look fair though I do agree cancelling it completely is the best option. Come to think of it, SG are good enough for patient care, but not good enough for to be members of the RCPsych.