Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nocturnal

Study partner in Glasgow for papers 1 and 2 (June)

26 posts in this topic

Dear super-ego mates,

I am an ST2 trainee based in Glasgow, training in the West of Scotland psychiatry rotation.

I am planning to sit both papers 1 and 2 in June this year.

I have the manchester notes for January 2008 (new pattern).

Would like to have a couple of study partners based in greater glasgow area.

If you wish to study with me, please let me know.

Cheers.

If you get back to me, then I can send you my mobile number in a personal message on one condition: don't ever give it to any of my patients!

I think this is going to be an increasing problem. There are so few trainees now in Scotland doing psych. I think overall 43 ST1-3s. Hence only a few people doing each exam at a time. I know in Tayside we've only got about 3 or 4 people who are due to sit.

When I sat it there were 7 of us going from Aberdeen at the same time.

Maybe you need to start thinking about a Scotland wide study group...?

I've thought of that, Chris, but it seems there are practical considerations too.

The best that can me managed is ppl from greater Glasgow and Edinburgh coming together and people from Aberdeen and Dundee choosing a place to study/discuss in unison. Otherwise Scotland has too few trainees scattered over a large area.

(Wish I was still in London, just for study's sake!)

Moreover, I think I have posted this well in advance, so if any trainee is interested, then he/she can get in touch and discuss the logistics.

Watch this space! :-X

I think when Remedy Scotland were having their national meetings they met in Perth. It's within reasonable distance of the central belt and Tayside, and is on the train line from Aberdeen to Glasgow and the line from Inverness.

I agree, I think it's a crying shame that local study groups are becoming unfeasible due to the drop in numbers of trainees. I'll let the ones in Tayside know anyway.

Thank you, Ebraihimi to have started the preparation on a bright note.

Hope you clear both the papers, so u don't have to read this s**t again.

Currently work in Tayside, but trained in Aberdeen.

chris, we missed you in the forum meet yesterday/today. :(

Maybe next time.

The current consensus for the next forum meet seems to be centred around newcastle.

It is not far away from both of us, so hopefully we can meet up.

Take care.

It's not you Slart, it's me... :lol:

Does anyone have Birmingham notes for Papers 1 and 2/jan 2008?

Second call going for anyone who wishes to prepare for paper1 and/or paper 2 in June from the greater Glaasgow area.

I am going to start my study group very soon and applicants will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis.

Hi, I am preparing for paper 1 & 2 in June. I would like to join the study group. Please let me know how I can contact you. I live in the west end.

Hi, I am preparing for paper 1 & 2 in June. I would like to join the study group. Please let me know how I can contact you. I live in the west end.

Hi Gayathri, I have sent you a PM.

Reply if interested.

Last and final call for those who are interested in joining our study group based in Glasgow for papers 1 and 2.

We are holding a planning meeting at the Western Infirmary on Saturday the 3rd of May and study is set to get underway soon.

Is there a big difference between old manchester notes(2007) and the recent one(Jan 2008). Could somebody clarify this for me please. I have started reading the 2007 notes and I am not sure whether its the right thing to do

Is there a big difference between old manchester notes(2007) and the recent one(Jan 2008). Could somebody clarify this for me please. I have started reading the 2007 notes and I am not sure whether its the right thing to do

Dear Why-dya!

If you r sitting for paper 1 alone there isn't a huge difference in the Manchester notes of 2007 and 2008.

The major differences are in the question pattern (BOF instead of ISQs) and the break up of topics.

But if you are sitting for paper 2 also, I'd strongly advice you that it is nowhere sufficient to fill you with the minimum of knowledge or the know-how to pass the paper.

May be you could book another crammer course for paper 2. For Manchester course, it is held next Sunday (11 May), so time is running out.

(paper 1 is underway: yesterday and today!)

Hi all!

Just to let you know that our preps got underway yesterday at the Western Infirmary.

We covered a good measure of Schizophrenia.

If anyone is still interested, contact immediately, as we might be able to sqeeze you in. :-/

sorry,

I am from S.A

And it the 1st time to hear about Birmingham notes & Manchester notes, can any body help me to find them (specially the recent one)?

sorry,

I am from S.A

And it the 1st time to hear about Birmingham notes & Manchester notes, can any body help me to find them (specially the recent one)?

If you are sitting for papers 1 and 2 this time, Manchester course for paper 2 is taking place coming Sunday.

Their website is www.manchestercourse.com

But the paper 1 course ended this week end.

But both papers 1 and 2 of Birmingham course are already done and dusted identically on the 3rd and 4th may, at the same time as Manchester paper 1 course.

You could still avail yourself of their online course:

www.birminghamcourse.com

As for the other courses, they are also already over for this term or are of dubious value.

At the end of the day, you do not need to attend one of these crammer courses to pass the exams nor attending these courses assures you of a pass.

Hope this helps.

Good luck. ;)

sorry,

I am from S.A

It is a waste of money to attend the course. Grab the material from somebody if you can. It is the material only that matters not the course as such.

If you cant get the material from somebody, buy it online from the websites nocturnal has mentioned.

I think you can get both papers for £75..

Hi all!

Just to let you know that our preps got underway yesterday at the Western Infirmary.

We covered a good measure of Schizophrenia.

If anyone is still interested, contact immediately, as we might be able to sqeeze you in. :-/

Hi Noc, looks like you have got a bunch there preparing.

Any of you can recommed any websites that i can look for online questions. :-? :-?