Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naderyakoub

Staff Grade and Exams

15 posts in this topic

The new eligibility criteria effective 1st January 2009 has now been approved. This permits non PMTEB/Deanery approved post holders to continue to take the MRCPsych exam.

Please see Eligibility Criteria for MRCPsych Examinations (effective January 2009) for further details.

Paper III passes in 2008

The following validity period will now apply to all those who pass Paper III in 2008:

March 2008 diet – valid until 2nd January 2010

August 2008 diet – valid until 15th June 2010

Examinations Department May 2008

Time to rejoice guys, we have done it.

I thank each one of you who wrote to the College individually and persuaded other organisations to write on our behalf to challenge the rules.

I am sure we all can concentrate on exams and all importantly plan our futures'.

Cheers....

thanks for that info NY... something that lightens my mood.. atleast now i am sure that i can continue in my current Staff grade job and do the CASC, which i hope to pass by the end of this year ;)

FAQ's on the College website still says you can't take exams after Dec 2008, if you are not in training. Don't panic guys!!!!

Grant Fisher from the college has apologised for the confusion via email and informs me that the info would be rectified.

Thanks a lot to all the great souls who really worked hard to achieve this. I am so relieved now. Thanks again.

After dec 2008 even staff grades needs to produce portfolio(similar to work based assessment) to sit for any exams :o

new guidelines published on rcpsych effective from Jan 2009

After dec 2008 even staff grades needs to produce portfolio(similar to work based assessment) to sit for any exams :o

new guidelines published on rcpsych effective from Jan 2009

Well atleast staff grades have an option to give exams!

Any more thoughts on these assessments/portfolios?

When to start etc?

thanks

do they mean that staff grades have to do the same WPBAs as ST doctors??

Its gr8 news about the eligibility to sit the cascs. But agian the WPBAs and stuff , I am not too clear on how to start doing it. Anyone can shed some light? I am aware they need to be sent off as soon as u do it and they will be locked. Any St3s / FTSTAs on how to head start with those plzz-----

This is great news. At least one doesn't have to give up Staff Grade job for the exams. However I hope to cut all ties with MRCpsych at the end of this year. All I mean is to pass my exams. Well done to all who have made such a decision possible. ;) ;) :)