Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pappu

Why Staff Grade  Doctors should be penalised

139 posts in this topic

I am surprised..... why have they restricted staff grade doctors to clear CASC till Dec 2008. I thought that was for paper 3. Why this discrimination? first of all we got kicked out of training job now we have proved that we are not bad bunch of psychiatrists.... they have given another blow........... I dont wanna get crushed by their rules day in n out......... any one wants to challenge the rule....... I AM IN.. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Clear discrimination.If you are in a career post u can only bank your pass in paper 3 to December 2008 , for the peeps in training till January 2010. What the F*?K is going on?I could not believe it when I received my results for the paper 3.

Discussed the issue with my consultant (very senior in the Yorkshire Deanery) who could not believe the College had the guts to put such discriminatory staff on paper.In his opiion they have made themselves  lame ducks with no way that they can succeed in any court. However , he pointed out to me that they will probably get away with it 'if you do not make noise'. The fact that I am the first person to respond to you post Pandit is an indication of the lethargy out there,very worrying. Any thoughts Consultant J.

Should remind the college the year is 2008 not 1856. How can they dare..................

I am in. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

My view is that this rule is unfair. U might need to involve BMA (staff grade association) in to this. Fight for urself and future staff grades

It is good start, how we should raise our voice? Do you have any thoughts how to proceed?

I think J and other senior colleague will be able to give suitable advice.

i am not BMA member ,if somebody is, please raise the issue with them.

It is good start, how we should raise our voice? Do you have any thoughts how to proceed?

Good question Ebrahimi. Not sure really. There was a previous thread discussing this issue and several proposals were made .A few people wrote to th college who promptly replied by stating arrangements wre being put in place for people not in training to continue sitting for the eaxms.This settled pple s fears.However, clearly they are not making arrangements for this and I think this was a way of shutting people up.Probably they realised they were on dodgy grounds so very very surprised they have continued with this infantile behaviour.

Maybe first port of call is to go back to those threads and pick up ideas that had been raised. Clearly this needs collective action otherwie we are stuffed

I think this is really unfair, the Royal College knows how difficult it is now to go back to a training post. How sellfish is this? Am I wrong in saying that they might review the situation until 2010? This has been recently discussed on this website, isn't it? :-?

This is absolute crap. Completely discriminatory and we should take action against the Royal College for this. In fact only last week I joined a staff grade post - giving up FTSTA 3.  If I don't get my CASC in June then obviously I need to come back into training. How discriminatory is this ?  Staff grades are literally treated like dogs

Hi all

Iam also staff grade and we need to react from now against the regulation of the exam. sooner than later. Iam with the group what ever actin do

I am glad people share my view.

The big question is who is a BMA member and a staff grade as well? :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I am not :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Please give me a shout if any one there is a BMA member :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

I think sending individual letters is not the solution.All staff grades should get united and make an effective move.

great to see other like minded ppl around..

i was under the impression taht even if we cleared the written exams, we still got the same time as the trainees did to clear the CASC...

looks like the College (or some other superior power) is hell bent on crushing the career grades.. either that or they want all career grade ppl to get into training (of which they have ample places available, only they are kept a big secret.)..

never the less, shall we start by writing scathing letters to the College first until we find a chap who is a member of the BMA and who can raise the issue there ?

I think to find the BMA member will be better

fIRST OF ALL LET ME CONGRATULATE YOU ALL FOR ATLEAST REALISING THE SCOPE OF THIS PROBLEM.

i THINK ITS TIME WE SERIOUSLY ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.

ATLEAST WE SHOULD BE GIVEN TIME TILL 2010 AS IS THE CASE FOR OVERSEAS AND NORTHERN IRELAND COLLEAQUES.

IT WILL BE USEFULL IF EACH ONE OF US TALK TO OUR RESPECTIVE MEDICAL DIRECTOR OR WRITE TO PMTEB.

LETS CONTINUE ...

all other royal colleges allow people who r not in training posts to take up exams. why does our royal college act differently is a mystrey

Hi folks

First of all let me congradulate all staff grade doctors who have made it in paper-3. I am not a staff grade but still I feel this is clear discrimination. It does not make any sense why there should be two rules. Moreover there is no runthrough training(RT) any more and these rules were brought in when there was RT. If MMC is saying there will be open compitition at ST4 level then everyone should be allowed to compete for it. If they won't allow SG's to appear for exams, then how can it be a open compitition. I feel not just SG's every one should get toghter and make a point agaist this discrimination. I am with you gyus and I am sure most of the people who got lucky and obtained a RT last year feel the same.

Hi Angelt,

we appreciate your support and spirit.

It is good and valid point to challenge college in court, what do think guys.

Another idea in my mind if everybody of us discuss this issue with their respective MPs, Do you think it will be useful or not

[pre][/pre]

all other royal colleges allow people who r not in training posts to take up exams. why does our royal college act differently is a mystrey

Its important to get as many pple reading this thread. I have been alerting other staff grades in my Trust to its existence. I think others shoul be doing the same as well.This needs collective action

it is good to see people are united on this issue but they need to write to college in one collective voice

Can somebody draft a petition which we all can sign ?

Any senior volunteers ? Sagi how about you taking the lead ?

Yes I am in whatever legal action is taken guys !!

Lets do it quick and fast