Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smithy

new part 1

9 posts in this topic

right guys,

how do you prepare for this new paper one. Please dont offer a list of supporting texts, all I want to know is where to get sample questions as thats all I am gonna use

Cheers

:-? i wish i knew !!!!!!1

ive been cursing my luck since i heard teh pattern has changed, i beleive it was simpler and easier to pass in teh old format ( though i never did ... >:() but i guess i can share what my plans are.

1.Symptoms in the mind

2.Oxford Textbook of psych

3.Manchester/Birmingham course notes

4.Old papers for the practice and EMIs

.......... [highlight]and a truck load of luck[/highlight] !!!!

Hi, does anyone know where i could find the course notes of the birmingham and manchester course?

Join the online course for birmingham notes. ;)

At the new trainee's meeting in London in October Anthony Bateman (chief examiner as I'm sure you know) said 'Do not bother looking at the questions on trickcyclists because they will not help you'.

Thats good advice assuming he then followed by saying where one should direct one's attention!

What? You actually think he would have followed with some actual helpful advice? &nbsp:lol:ream on. I was there, and he didn't.

Prof Bateman did say that the answers on the net were wrong, but I still think that there is something to be gained by testing oneself on them. I'm using onexamination.com. The answers that I've checked against Oxford Textbook or Sims have been right. I used it for MRCP and it got me through, so I have faith in it.

The mates I know who've written it say it is like the old one, but more detailed.

The only problem with the onexamination stuff is that it is suspiciously easy. I don't think it represents the exam standard.