Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rapidtranq

Prospective Approval for SG post-CASC

9 posts in this topic

Hi colleagues,

I've done

24 months of approved training(Adult&Old Age only)...got squeezed

out of training Aug'07 thanks to MTAS and took up a Staff Grade job(have been one since September'07)-the 1st 6months were locum but substantive since Jan'08).I'm appearing for my Paper3(2nd attempt) in August '08.

I want to apply for Prospective Approval for my current staff grade post to appear for CASC Nov'08(if all goes well).....is there anybody in a similar situation....??? Any advice how I best go about this?

thanx....

Although not in same position myself but had just spoken to college on a relevant issue. Spoke to examination department, You need to do the following:

make a time table of your weekly actuivities if you dont have already, make sure you include supervision and attendance at clinical taeching once a week. include designated slots for new assessments. Believe me, some 'super intelligent' ppl at RCPsych dont know that we see new patients in outpatient clinics. They assume outpatient clinic means follow up appoitnments. Once you have done that, get a copy of job description form staffing, get your conculatnt to write a supporting letter saying that the tiome table is correct and he/she is satisfied with your progress so far and is willignt o continue with their support. Having done that, send it to Associate Dean Royal College, until now, it was being sent to Dr Anne Bird, but i have been told today that she will be replaced soon. So its better not to address it to her or any one person. If possible request them to send an acknowledgement note to help you chase your case later.

Good luck!!!

thanx a lot Dusty....

I am exactly in similar situation as you

Its easy process

you need to send Your CV,time table,supervision details-consultant etc,supporting letter from tutor saying your duties are similar to ST trainee both clinically and academically,detailed job description.

i got it approved within a week ,good luck

thanks sure,

do you get weekly supervisions with your Consultant? and do you attend the local MRCPsych teaching and present case/journal clubs with the trainee SHOs?

It will be in your best interest to involve in academic work

you need to act soon because its prospective approval and time lost is gone waste.you need 6 months prospective approval to sit CASC(next in Nov)

Hi Sure!

I just got my prospective approval sorted last week...

God Bless Dr.Brian Lunn(Assoc.Dean for Exams)!!

I was really nervous that I'd be turned down 'cos its 4months to the Nov.CASC.....phew!!So relieved.