Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gollu007

Eligibilty  criteria for Paper 1 & 2 in 2009

3 posts in this topic

Hi I am bit confused for Eligibility criteria for exam diets in 2009. I want to know whether I will be eligible to appear paper 1& 2 in same diet with Just 12 months experience in adult Psychiatry. I would appreciate if any one of you can clarify this please. As I feel bit of conflicting information in College hand book.

Hi gollu!

I can see you have not updated your profile.

And you have not mentioned in your query when you started your training.

Still I can clarify some of your doubts, I think.

Presuming you joined the run through/core training in Psychiatry in August 2007, you will have only 12 months experience by the time you sit for Nov '08 exams, therefore you are eligible to sit paper 1 alone.

But you seem to be asking for the eligibility criteria for applying in 2009.

So, I have to assume you joined psych training later than august 2007.

In that case, again assuming that you are a full time trainee who started in August 2008, you would be following the exam guidance 2009 to determine your eligibility which is not very clear about the individual eligibilities for sitting paper 1/2/3.  But these are early days, and knowing the college as we do, you might soon expect a few more updates to it before the end of this year!

If you don't have eligibility for the current year, I'd advice you to just sit back and watch the events unfold and observe how the examination processes are held in 2008.

If you are impatient to know about your future, you can always email the examination services for clarification about your eligibility in any of the emails given here.

Good luck! ;)

Thanks for your detailed reply. I started my training in April 08.