Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aaa

updated exam dates

2 posts in this topic

Hey Guys

they've done it again!!!!!!!!

just seen the new dates.they keep u guessing, dont they!!!!

Enjoy

Hey Guys

they've done it again!!!!!!!!

just seen the new dates.they keep u guessing, dont they!!!!

Enjoy

Ummmmm it would actually help, if you were to read this......

Does the college mention anywhere why the date for Paper 3 in 2009(now scheduled to be in Jan) has been preponed all of a sudden?Do people think there might be a Diet 3 starting next year?

Dear bliss......you haven't read all the posts regarding the closing date for CASC was before the results of paper 3 coming out,have you?

and the ensuing email campaign

Has anyone noticed that on the examination dates, Paper 3 will be held on 24th of February 2009 and results will be published on 26th of March. However the application for the CASC will be between 26th of January - 20th of February. If this dates will push through as it is, this means that if you passed the exam in February 2009 you won't be able to apply for CASC because by the time that you find out that I pass paper 3 then the application period is already closed. This means that the earliest time you can take the CASC is October 2009.

More here from the PTC

Dear All

I have read this and other threads regarding the Paper III exam that many of you sat last month. The PTC has received lots of emails about this issue - many of which I have replied to (apologies if you are still waiting as I have not got round to them all yet).

It seems there are three main issues. I'll go through them individually with an explanation of how the PTC can help in each case:

1. The time pressure of the paper resulting from the length of the questions. This seems to be a common complaint and I will therefore raise this directly with the exams dept. Am I right in saying that this was a particular issue this sitting? I sat a pilot of Paper III last year and the questions were all fairly succinct, so if there has been a significant change this does indeed need raising.

2. The difficulty of the paper. This is harder for us to argue, but we did raise the issue earlier in the year re Paper II which resulted in some clearer guidance for candidates about what was expected. Part of the difficulty is there is currently a lack of cohesion between the exam syllabus and the curriculum. The exam dept are aware of this and a piece of work to map one onto the other is planned.

3. The 2009 exam timetable. We have already raised this with the College who have agreed to review it. I am hopeful that changes will be made to allow trainees an increased chance of progressing to ST4 in Aug 2009. It is important to keep an eye on the relevant pages of the College website and we will inform trainees of any changes via our enewsletter.

I hope this is helpful. The exam dept do listen to trainees but are keen that representation comes via the PTC. Please therefore keep your PTC reps informed of your views and feel free to email us directly at our [highlight]

ptc@rcpsych.ac.uk
[/highlight]email address, which gets automatically forwarded to a senior PTC officer (often myself).

If I have understood the issues correctly I would appreciate a reduction in the number of emails about this specific issue - I'm sure you can imagine what it is doing to my inbox! However, I'll try to keep an eye on this forum to ensure your views are represented accurately and promptly.

I hope to feed back some positive information soon.

Ollie White

Chair, Psychiatric Trainees' Committee (PTC), RCPsych.