Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gungho49

Revised criteria for membership and CASC

12 posts in this topic

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/pdf/Revised%20CASC-Membership-ST-4%20Progression%20criteria.pdf

Check out this link it does not say about 6 months in LD or child. Instead to appear for CASC one should do ACEs in [highlight]child Or LD and Psychotherapy[/highlight]

How the hell are staff grades going to achieve these ACEs in child and psychotherapy if they are not working in those specialties :-/

Yes. The requirements have changed for 2009 on. 6 months of CAMHS or LD is no longer a requirement for the membership.

How would staff grades achieve it in the old system? At least this way there is more flexibility to meet the entry requirements without needing to do a full 6 month post. Have a look at the competencies and see how feasible it will be.

u r right chris i think this is more flexible

can anybody explain it to me how it is flexible.How can I do ACE in psychotherapy when I am working as staff grade in LD Psychiatry.If I pass paper 3 in January and will appear in CASC how should i complete ACE to be eligible for CASC????

I am fed up with these crazy rules

can anybody explain it to me how it is flexible.How can I do ACE in psychotherapy when I am working as staff grade in LD Psychiatry.If I pass paper 3 in January and will appear in CASC how should i complete ACE to be eligible for CASC????

same here, we must make complaint/ write to ptc

Its a never ending torture. Firtsly they released some foolish calender for 2009 where people who were appearing in paper 3 in feb 09 were not allowed to appear in CASC until oct 2009.Later on after so much of agiatation and complaints, college rightly changed the dates for exams and now people who would pass paper 3 in jan 09 would be able to give casc in april 09.

and now they have come up with new senseless changes of making ace in psychotherapy and child/ld as eligibility criteria towrds casc and also to get the forms signed not only by college tutor but also medical directorate. This is utter nonsense.how the hell we can do all this when many of us not even get a chance to work in these specialities.

Now again start complaining, writing emails to college, shameless and nonsense people are running college, by the way what the hell psych trainee committee is doing are they deaf and blind to an extent that we have to beg college every 2nd month.

Hush I agree with you , the college is changing rules so frequently which create confusion.

I think we should write to PTC and also to college directly, but this we need more people to build up our strength.

It will be .If we discuss this under Preparation for new MRCPshch exam

Hush I agree with you , the college is changing rules so frequently which create  confusion.

I think we should write to PTC  and also to college directly, but this we need more people to build up our strength.

It will be .If we discuss this under Preparation for new  MRCPshch exam

thanks, you are right, i will copy this post to new MRCPsych exam section. Hope things work. This college is making us mad

An ACE in psychotherapy is something you could do with your supervisor of a psychotherapy case!

It is either you tape or even videotape the session or even have it through one way mirror!

I think easier than finding a six month college approved post in LD or C&A....

don't you agree?

Thanks godzilla but still I am not clear, because I have not done psychotherapy case in my training as a SHO and from where I will find psychotherapy supervisor when i am working as staff grade in LD.

Can I select patient from my case load who has mild learning disability for psychotherapy case if somebody would agree to supervise me.

can you clarify this.

there is discussion going about this in the section of Preparation for new MRCPsych. I wonder if WM could move this thread to that section.

Ebrahimi I completely understand your frustration regarding the college moving the goal post every other month. This becomes flexible if you look from the point of view of those who never had a chance to work in ld or child and are now in staff grade post in a different sub specialty. It is a lot of effort I agree to find people who can do these for you I mean the WPBA but at least it is possible. But what when the college was saying no membership without 6 months in ld or child. That is more of an inflexible approach cos someone like me in a substantive staff grade with no appropriate visa ( iam on a work permit) will find it extremely difficult to give up my job security and to try my luck appying for a 6 months ld and then come back and apply for a substantive again which there will be no sureity of obtaining. But from your point of view someone who is already working in LD it is disheartening now if they are saying u need psychotherapy as well. what i can suggest is if u have a consultant psychologist in your team try to get hold of them and do your mini aces with them.