Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MeJustMe

MRCPsych for doctors working overseas

7 posts in this topic

As, the RCPSych have opened the MRCPsych exam for doctors who don't have UK training , do you think if this is a good step or not ?

What would be the validity/reliability of the prerequisites of having WPBA for those doctors?

What would be the impact of that for psychiatrist in the UK and worldwide?

I think doctors in training overseas should be allowed and WB assessments should be completed through hcat.

Institutions should get approval through the RCPsych similar to non approved posts in the UK.

But I presume most of the overseas doctors will be from HK, Australia and New Zealand.

Anyway most other Royal Colleges conduct exams overseas too, so why not the Psychs.

Psych is not different elsewhere in the world.

But I should think the exams should be taken in the UK for uniformity.

Maybe overseas trained Psychs who have passed the MRCPsych can have a better say on this.

More income to add and mutual benefit to all parties.

Good team work I should say. :D:lol:;)!

Another brilliant money making scheme by rcpsych. With a recession in place the govt using all means to get some money into the country. The biggest foreign exchange earners for this country is the queen who gets all the foreign visitors to visit the country for having a glimpse at royality, the next I think are the royal colleges and then you have all the rest! Just shows anything aassociated with royalty sells ;)

The Royal Colleges do have a good standard and it is well accepted.

I would not consider it a money making business, it would only add a drop to the bucket of wealth.

And doctors who have a membership are any ways paid higher than the equivalent overseas.

Hi there

I have been working in psychiatry in the nhs and independent sector for 5 years now. I never not had any training post. Am i eligible to sit for MRCPsych exam paper 1 & 2???

please guide me

thanks

Hi there

I have been working in psychiatry in the nhs and independent sector for 5 years now. I never not had any training post. Am i eligible to sit for MRCPsych exam paper 1 & 2???

please guide me

thanks

The exam criteria can be found on the college website