Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
docsimmi

Adult Asperger's Assessment Units in London

6 posts in this topic

Hallo,

I am looking for information about NHS units in London that assess and advise on management for Adult Asperger's

Anyone know of any??

Have u checked with Cambridge NHS Trust. Sorry , I cant remember the exact name of the trust. We referred a couple of patients to their clinic. I can try to get more info next week. Prof Fraser in Cardiff does assessments for Aspergers. Anyone trained in DISCO can also do these assessments as you might know.

hello,

I'm not sure if I'm of any help, but you can check with the national autistic sociaty they can give advice on where are the centers also they have useful info on that as currently there are a big move called I exict regarding adults with ASD.

I know in Kent there is a big center with gould and wing and they use the DISCO there. also, in cambridge.

for others info, in liverpool there is a big service, sheffiled there is prof Digby T and Leichster as well.

I'm based in the north and there are no services as yet but both trusts in the north east are starting to develop services.

in the north we use the ADI-R and the ADOS for assessment.

hope this is helpful

Have you tried contacting the Maudsley Asperger's clinic in South East London?

I think MIETS unit based at Bethlem hospital does Asperger's asst. It's a national unit and the assessment probably will need funding from local authority.

I'm not sure about the above info

Try calling them through 02032286000 (Trust switchboard) to confirm

The Maudsley do adult Asperger's/Autism assessments in the Behavioural Genetics Clinic (Tel. 020 3228 4879/4653).

The current waiting list is around 42 weeks. You'll also need to obtain approval for funding from your PCT beforehand.