Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wjd73_59

need ur help plz

8 posts in this topic

hi there

i think that i am eligible to set both MRCPsych papers 1 + 2 together according to the new eligibility criteria regarding the overseas doctors.

i have 2 sponsors who r members of the royal college & who were my tutors during my training period, also i have completed 4 years training in psychiatry from which 18 months were in general adult psychiatry, 6 months in geriatric psychaitry, 6 months in addiction .... etc. also i have a valid membership in my medical association.

now i have read that the application for Novemebr 2009 exam is 14th September 2009 – 2nd October 2009, now i need a visa to enter the examination centers, i think that the visa processing will take longer time, may be 1 month or more & i am afraid that i may run out of time before getting the visa.

now, can i apply for the exam earlier than the application period?

anf if i applied at the beginning of the period can i get an eligibility paper or some documents that support my visa application? & hw much does this need?

i know that i have asked too many questions!!

any help will be greatly appreciated

Have you spoken to the exams department at the royal college? They are the only ones who can tell you if you can apply early in order to have time to get a visa. I imagine they are used to answering such requests. Good luck with it all.

The contact details are on the Royal College of Psychiatrists website, in the exams section.

i emailed them & got the following reply

On this occasion, the earliest which I would allow you to submit your application is one week before the application period commences.  The application form will be available around the end of May.

i hope that this will be enough to get the visa!!

This is ;) a bit sneaky... but you can apply for the visa as a tourist without the application form?

hi there

i think that i am eligible to set both MRCPsych papers 1 + 2 together according to the new eligibility criteria regarding the overseas doctors.

i have 2 sponsors who r members of the royal college & who were my tutors during my training period, also i have completed 4 years training in psychiatry from which 18 months were in general adult psychiatry, 6 months in geriatric psychaitry, 6 months in addiction .... etc. also i have a valid membership in my medical association.

now i have read that the application for Novemebr 2009 exam is 14th September 2009 – 2nd October 2009, now i need a visa to enter the examination centers, i think that the visa processing will take longer time, may be 1 month or more & i am afraid that i may run out of time before getting the visa.

now, can i apply for the exam earlier than the application period?

anf if i applied at the beginning of the period can i get an eligibility paper or some documents that support my visa application? & hw much does this need?

i know that i have asked too many questions!!

any help will be greatly appreciated

Why do you need visa for your exam. What you need is some kind of identification, It  can be your hospital ID, Driving licence (either full or provisional) or your passport.

mental i think he is not in uk at present and hence is talking about the visa he will need to come here and give the exam i assume. :)