Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toshy

Papers 1 and 2...What\'s going on?

8 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Did anyone else sit the new MRCPsych papers today?

:-?

How did it go?

Gotta say I was a bit overwhelmed by paper 2, the content not what I expected or at the level I expected at all, both papers seemed to cover some pretty obscure topics!

Let me know how it went for you.

Graeme

paper 1 not what i was expecting; soft subjects emphasised; obscure; lots of guessing for me, so imagine i've failed; preparation/mrcpsych courses i've been on very poor preparation for this brave new exam i'd say...

Yes, I sat both today. It was terrible specially paper 2!!!! well, I think I did paper 1 better but who knows and in our centre in London there was a fire alarm in paper 1 and we had to leave the building and wait outside for 15 min in freezing cold1

How did it go for you?

Paper 2 was horrific!!! :o

I can not imagine the questions on statistics and genetics were in the level expected for trainee psychiatrists just after 12 months of training!

Is someone having a joke at our expense?

Please post comments on the exam feedback section under MRCPsych Paper 2, in the forum. It helps having it all in one place.

I cannot imagine that failing exams would obstruct anyone's career in current political climate when they have to show the new system (MMC) is a stunning success.

I just sat the paper 1 and thought that it bore little resemblence to the stated syllabus, which had said that old age psychiatry was in paper 3. I think that my numerous hours of revision probably helped with about 3 questions and the rest was a lot of guessing.

yeah i sat both

paper 1 was so so,some guesses some were ok,lets see,

paper 2 was so freaking easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..................................NOT !!!!!

psycho examiners !!!! trying to get at us for their own inadequacies !!! i swear i would have done the same if had closed my eyes and just starting ticking by random.

anyways lets see,,,im hopeing against hope here :-X

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0