Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bison

what went wrong

49 posts in this topic

Well I was looking on those who passed both paper I and II and I saw this name who seems to be someone I knew. So I looked on the GMC registration and he has been warned of kerb crawling.

I thought extra curricular activities does help some people :lol: :lol: :lol:

For me, I just seriously studied and failed :-X :-X :-X

Bison,

I don't understand what you mean - it's early in the morning I know but I don't get it

Do you know how many people passed both Paper 1 and 2? I failed both. I think a good idea is to do one at a time. I got 88 in Manchester Revision Course in Paper 1 Mock exam without having started my revision studies. Then I struggled with paper 2 preparation . Then I failed both papers.

In old system, I passed theory for twice.

I felt very sorry for all my hard work.

What would be a good advice for me? :-[ :-[ :exclamation

bison..

i don't understand what u talking about...explain more.....

also we should be pleased for every one who passed their papers

first off, to all those of us who failed , i feel your pain, been there done that a few tymes.

all i can say is, its a f*$ked up exam so, keep on trying i know its dihearteneing n all but u've gotaa keep on tryin as there is no other way.

I passed paper1 this time but failed paper2 which was kinda expected.

anyways best of luck everyone for the future.

Do you know how many people passed both Paper 1 and 2? I failed both. I think a good idea is to do one at a time. I got 88 in Manchester Revision Course in Paper 1 Mock exam without having started my revision studies. Then I struggled with paper 2 preparation . Then I failed both papers.

In old system, I passed theory for twice.

I felt very sorry for all my hard work.

What would be a good advice for me? :-[ :-[ :exclamation

Well, Asia, join the club.

I guess the best thing for us to do is to start preparing from now itself.

By preparing, I mean not studying manchester notes or puri n hall, but going through text books like the oxford, kaplan, companion, etc.

Start in earnest and you are sure to pass this time.

don't lose heart.

I am in the same position as you are, but am not prepared to let these people win.

We are resilient, and will come back stronger everytime these conniving b@$t'rd$ try to put us down.

Come on, show 'em what we are made of!

Good luck.

Count me in nocturnal.

I was considering giving up and doing something else.

its a silly exam and please dont even think of giving up euthymic....everyone will eventually get there.luck is a major factor and studying big text books from my point of view does not make much sense as u wont be able to retain much.just use it for references and thats it.leave the rest to the one upstairs

Count me in nocturnal.

I was considering giving up and doing something else.

Dear ,

What do you mean giving up and doing sth else?

I felt exhausted but I will carry on . Thanks to Nocturnal and Euthymic who encourage us.

Asia its difficult but chill out dude. Take a day or two off watch a good film and forget about the exams. Start again after a week. These exams are quiet unpredectible and the best way to get over them is to use the stuff you are currently using for the prep.

Where is the PTC now? I have de-registered myself from their mailing list, they only kept sending meaningless emails about what college elders want themselves celebrated for! This comittee is just a useless when you have arrogant examiners who will have their way anyway!

New exam, untested questions set by a group of statistitians and genetics passionates----- 37% pass rate! This is chief examiners consideration otherwise it would have been just the paper setters passing, if at all!

Most people who passed will tell you they guessed the answers, so now it's the real psychiatry being tested!

The college website describes grounds for appeal and this exam result fulfils all the criteria for them!

Should the PTC not lodge an appeal on behalf of trainees for college to review the results! Was this not an unfair exam!

Where is the PTC now? I have de-registered myself from their mailing list, they only kept sending meaningless emails about what college elders want themselves celebrated for! This comittee is just a useless when you have arrogant examiners who will have their way anyway!

New exam, untested questions set by a group of statistitians and genetics passionates----- 37% pass rate! This is chief examiners consideration otherwise it would have been just the paper setters passing, if at all!

Most people who passed will tell you they guessed the answers, so now it's the real psychiatry being tested!

The college website describes grounds for appeal and this exam result fulfils all the criteria for them!

Should the PTC not lodge an appeal on behalf of trainees for college to review the results! Was this not an unfair exam!

Reactive! Your concerns are real.

We will see what spin these people come up with next.

As for me, it is service as usual, I guess.

Back to the drawing board, to make new strategies to pass the exam the next time around.

I guess your questions are rhetoric, hence I will not answer them.

We are not tired of jumping new hoops, but are n't the powers to be tired of putting them out?

[highlight]Where is the PTC now? I have de-registered myself from their mailing list, they only kept sending meaningless emails[/highlight] about what college elders want themselves celebrated for! This comittee is just a useless when you have arrogant examiners who will have their way anyway!

[highlight]Should the PTC not lodge an appeal on behalf of trainees for college to review the results! Was this not an unfair exam!

[/highlight]

PTC has written a letter in respect of that to the exams dept and they met with the Exams committee yesterday. These things take time but be rest assured that PTC is working on that. I know it will be of little use to you having done the exams but PTC is actually looking into the concerns raised by those who sat the exams and there is a firce battleline currently going on between the PTC and the exams committee of the colleege

COI: I am one of the reps in the PTC

yes it does seem weird... for part 2 - overall pass rate was 39% now this... Its ridiculous.

don't get me wrong Daisee, part of what I have said is a reflection of how terrible most of us feel! I am sure PTC is aware of the trainees feelings and must be trying to do their best to find a way to help. But to be honest I am pessimistic about the college being bothered by all this!

The greatest shock for me was the exam feedback saying I have failed by 0.5% which actually means 1 question! I can only curse my luck for having failed to make just one more guess right! But I am sure there are many more like me and who may have failed by perhaps less than 1 mark! The pass percentage marks for paper 2 is neither 39% nor 40%, it's 39.8% .......Statistical significance!!!!!!

yes it does seem weird... for part 2 - overall pass rate was 39% now this... Its ridiculous.

Inspite of the cut off being very low! :o

don't get me wrong Daisee, part of what I have said is a reflection of how terrible most of us feel! [highlight]I am sure PTC is aware of the trainees feelings and must be trying to do their best to find a way to help[/highlight]. But to be honest I am pessimistic about the college being bothered by all this!

The greatest shock for me was the exam feedback saying I have failed by 0.5% which actually means 1 question! I can only curse my luck for having failed to make just one more guess right! But I am sure there are many more like me and who may have failed by perhaps less than 1 mark! The pass percentage marks for paper 2 is neither 39% nor 40%, it's 39.8% .......Statistical significance!!!!!!

i seriously doubt that dude, if they did care they wouldnt be comming up with these stoopid @$$ papers in the first place.

and i know how you feel, after having failed the part1 twice by sumthing like that.i know its dishearteneing and all but there isnt much you can do about it. so all i can suggest is let by gones be by gones and get ready for the one in june or whenever it is next.

and i know how you feel, after having failed the part1 twice by sumthing like that.i know its dishearteneing and all but there isnt much you can do about it. so all i can suggest is let by gones be by gones and get ready for the one in june or whenever it is next.

Well said, Insane.

Join the club.

I've started preparing already.

Where are you based?

Nocturnal and Insane?

How dou plan to prepare this time.

Dear Euthymic,

To answer your question I'd like to refer you to an earlier thread I started:

http://www.psychclub.com/YaBB.pl?num=1204547216/12#12

I am training in Scotland and am based at Glasgow.

Will be taking both papers 1 and 2 in June.

I have already started self-study, and am currently reading the companion to Psychiatric studies.

Does that answer your question?

If people who passed the exam are any honest, they should know that it is not just hard work. It is a lot of luck.

If you give up, you will have no one but yourself to blame for it, in a few years. I know how big a blow it is for your life and to others around you in your family. But when you pass, because, if you keep at it, you certainly will, sooner or later, it is worth every effort you have put it.

If there is one thing you need to pass these exams, it is PERSEVERANCE. So dont give up

If people who passed the exam are any honest, they should know that it is not just hard work. It is a lot of luck.

If you give up, you will have no one but yourself to blame for it, in a few years. I know how big a blow it is for your life and to others around you in your family. But when you pass, because, if you keep at it, you certainly will, sooner or later, it is worth every effort you have put it.

If there is one thing you need to pass these exams, it is PERSEVERANCE. So dont give up

Why, thank you, DK14!

See this is the reason I am falling back on the superego Cafe.

There are so many true well wishers who keep motivating you to keep going.

Where would I be without y'all! :silly:

Guys. I've given the exam twice before passing the third time. Those were dark times for me, but it caused me to re-examine my headspace which at the end of the day was the crucible that forged a new improved me - shit its not like i had a choice! Passing or failing isn't usually a reflection of your abilities as a psychiatrist. I've seen appaling psychiatrists and really good ones pass or fail with nary a reasonable co-relation in sight.

You need to face the cold hard truth though and consider if you had a less than ideal exam strategy or did not put in as much as you could have. These two things will give you a massive edge when the exam is an arse breaker. So vent some bile, curse those royal college whatzits, but at the end of the day pick yourself up and plough on. Get in the ring!

Victory will be yours! ;)

Thank you, supernaut.

Hope I could say the same in another few months. :silly:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0