Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karooma70

past paper one questions

6 posts in this topic

Hi eveyone,

I can vaguely remember that there were questions in the past paper one about nuffield? something...if anyone remebers the question can you please post it.

Thanks

At Last!!!!

Someone's decided to do something about Paper 1 preparations. We looked bad in comparison with paper 2 and 3.

I dont know the answer to uours mate, but I have a similar question. There was apparently a question re: a child crying having been scared by a dog or something b ut then stops crying when the child's mum gives him an icecream. A friend of mine thought the answer was Operant conditioning.

Why cant it be classical conditioning? Any thoughts?

At Last!!!!

Someone's decided to do something about Paper 1 preparations. We looked bad in comparison with paper 2 and 3.

I dont know the answer to uours mate, but I have a similar question. There was apparently a question re: a child crying having been scared by a dog or something b ut then stops crying when the child's mum gives him an icecream. A friend of mine thought the answer was Operant conditioning.

Why cant it be classical conditioning? Any thoughts?

the question was:

a toddler was very scared of new family dog. he was able to be in the same room with the dog only when he sat on his mother's lap with his favourite ice cream................

the answer is : reciprocal inhibition

Thanks man. I think you are right, Birmingham online also had the same question with reciprocal inhibition as its answer. Just found it last night.

Keep this thread active guys.

Hi for the above question regarding the toddler I thought counterconditioning or relaxation is the answer as intensity of fear provoking stimulus (dog) is reduced by establishing an incompatible response- relaxation (sat on mother's lap with icecream) .

Ref- marcus munafo page no 10 and manchester psychology notes.

Please comment on above.

Phoenix vs Phoenix! :o

An interesting debate indeed! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0