Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lyassin

What to read for paper 1 & 2 plz?

7 posts in this topic

I am a new trainee. Kindly any one knows what to books or sources to read for paper 1 & 2 MRCPsych?

Thanks

Why not have a look at the Courses and Textbooks section further down the page?

In reality though you should look at things like Shorter Oxford Textbook, Core Psychiatry, Psychology for psychiatrists, ICD-10, Maudsley Guidelines, BNF, Basic Psychopharmacology, and some of the recent journals.

Sounds like a lot, but lok through the syllabus for each paper and decide which chapters you need to read for each exam. You've got plenty of time if you are a new trainee, you won't be eligible for another 12 months...

The trouble I had with revision was monotonous page fipping of the Oxford textbook. There is a chance that you may not remember much by doing just that. Like Chris said, tis very important to know the syllabus for the exam and use the books judiciously.

I used to get hold of a course question[ Manchester etc] and try to answer them first. At the same time, I used to peek into the text book and learn a bit more about it.

I used to remember the answers better and by the time I finished a topic, I used to feel more confident. You can always do extra reading if you give yourself enough time bfore the exams. I guess the main aim should be to pass the exam. You can always fill in knowledge gaps as you will have the opportunties, either clinically or in  weekly teaching sessions.

In the last exams there were a few questions on stigma.

Anybody out there who could suggest some reading resource for stigma.

There is a very good review article about Stigma in Advance Psychiatric treatment (ATP)

Geek can you give the link please. Did try to find it but got lost with so many other things.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0