Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kreely

PAPER 1&2 RESULTS OUT

26 posts in this topic

261 candidates were successful in the MRCPsych Paper I Examination held on 19th February 2008 from a total of 434 candidates who sat the examination (Pass Rate 60.1%).

120 candidates were successful in the MRCPsych Paper II Examination held on 19th February 2008 from a total of 320 candidates who sat the examination (Pass Rate 37.6%).

What will it be for paper 3 God only knows. ??? 20%

PASSED BOTH PAPER 1 & 2. CANN'T BELIEVE I HAVE PASSED PAPER 2!!!

What is royal college going to say for the huge discrepancies in the pass percentage between papers 1 and 2?

Congrats !!!!!!!

What will it be for paper 3 God only knows. ??? 20%

hope for the best,it will be not bad than paper2

PASSED BOTH.....cant belive it.......bigger shock than paper 2 itself

PASSED BOTH.....cant belive it.......bigger shock than paper 2 itself

congrats u both...

Passed both papers. Dont know how though.

Paper 2 was the worst of any exam I ever sat.

Congrats to all that have passed.

And for anyone that's not made it, take heart.................sure it will be better next time around.

Can somebody tell me where is the exam results announced

By post?

I haven't got any so far

I live in Wales by the by

The exam results are posted online on the royal college of psychiatrists website. If you go into the exam section the list of names is there unless you opted ofr your name not to be published online.

congrats to all of u who passed this horrible exams..and for the majority who didn't make it ...hardluck and good one next time..afterall is not entirely your fault.

i don't know to which group i belong as i opted ofr my name not to be published something that i now regret v much and i can't wait for that letter to come through and put me out of my F................... misery.

261 candidates were successful in the MRCPsych Paper I Examination held on 19th February 2008 from a total of 434 candidates who sat the examination (Pass Rate 60.1%).

120 candidates were successful in the MRCPsych Paper II Examination held on 19th February 2008 from a total of 320 candidates who sat the examination (Pass Rate 37.6%).

wtf ?????

>:(

obviously didn't pass paper 2 :(

but on a brighter note Congratz to all who passed.

just curious though,are there ppl out there who only passed paper2 and not 1?? whats going to happen in that case ??? and what about ppl lik eme who passed paper1 only, would we be made to sit both papers next time or wot ?

according 2 the college we have 9 month per paper regrdless any order,so ppl who passed paper 2 only  will have 9/12 to pass paper 1.this apply to all 3 papers.

once u passed paper 3 u will have 9/12 to pass CASC & if not u will have to resit paper 3.

I thought we could bank paper 3 for 18 months :-/

I am under the same impression as wanderlust. I am sure I had read it somewhere. DONT KNOW IF THEY HAVE CHANGED IT NOW.

according 2 the college we have 9 month per paper regrdless any order,so ppl who passed paper 2 only  will have 9/12 to pass paper 1.this apply to all 3 papers.

once u passed paper 3 u will have 9/12 to pass CASC & if not u will have to resit paper 3.

Thats another head ache. ;)

Will you tell how did you do in exams and preparation? What were your referenced books for both papers? Did you remember any old questions?

Thanks.

check the other threads where some questions have been posted.

Will you tell how did you do in exams and preparation? What were your referenced books for both papers? Did you remember any old questions?

Thanks.

I found Superego critical appraisal course, Malhi & Malhi's Basic science and Seminar's in Psych genetics helpful for paper 2 but, to be honest, I guessed most of the questions in exam. I really donn't know, how I have managed to pass this paper. I was expecting to pass Paper 1. I also read both B'ham & Manchester notes.

what i understood was that u have to pass papers in order and once u pass paper 1 and 2 u just pass it ....no reappear or banking ....but u can bank paper 3 for 18 mmths from date of first available casc

Dear Sigmundino!

Can you quote the source for this statement of yours, please?

I am not sure if this is the case!

Can anyone enlighten me?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0