Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rohit

How to prepare for paper 2

15 posts in this topic

I would like to request people who have sat paper 2 recently to give some guidance of how to approach paper 2.

Which books to read for pharmacology,genetics,basic research and statistics,organic psychiatry,epidemiology,psychological therapies ?

Past questions(old part 2)where they useful ?

Any course materials which were useful ?

hi sure

iam not sure if any one can help u.you can only count on god for this..

i sat that paper and it was some shit stuff  from another crap  planet.

iam still awaiting my fate but not hopeful.

pleased for the ones who passed but i can't understand how they did it.....any way the college had to pass someone.........

if u follow other threads u will notice that ppl could not even remember more than 2 qs from the whole freeky paper 2.

Hi

For pharmacology any course material (birmingham/manchester)should be enough as most of the questions are straight farward.

With regards to the basics of the HOLY SHIT(genetics,statistics,epidemiology), I dont think anybody will be able to guide us.

I sat paper 2 this time and dont know what to do for nearly 125 questions.

so wait for any clear cut guidance from the college as to what do they mean by basics????????

Thank you for the replies above..

There are more replies and suggestions on How to prepare for paper 3...

But not many responses in this thread :(

Thank you for the replies above..

There are more replies and suggestions on How to prepare for paper 3...

But not many responses in this thread :(

The fact that there are more questions than answers, and very less responses to some extent answers your questions:

[highlight]No one's got a clue.[/highlight]

Hi ,

I finally managed to pass Paper 1 but still havent got a clue how do I prepare of Paper 2. any advise/ suggestions well come.

According to the Royal college chief Examiner, Prof. Bateman, you have to read the textbooks(OTP, Kaplan, etc), and prominent studies from major journals.

In addition, I would say a good grounding of critical appraisal theory is necessary to attempt the statistics questions in Paper 2.

Plus your manchester notes, if you have it.

1. I think the current plan is to scale down the paper 2 standards

2. Only trainees who would have 18 months of training instead of 12 months could vie for the exam due to the level of difficulty

Fast approaching paper 2 exam, just under 2 months.

Still dont have a bloody clue as to what/how to prepare???? for genetics,stats and Epidemiology

Started doing previous MCQs which made me feel even more depressed. I think I should go for guessing again and see what happens this time.

Cant see a glim of hope though :( :( :(

[highlight]Surveys across the lifespan, [/highlight]as any one got a clue as to how to prepare for this topic,thre is going to be 33 questions on this topic and measures ( epediemology) .

I am not sure how many journals could one read and also remember the data and statistics, If I could remember some of the questions last time were based on that.

I don't know if it will help you but I am planning to start with Manchester and Birmingham course material and then build on the knowledge base from companion to psychiatric studies, an introduction to medical statistics and doing as many questions as I could find on the relevant topics. I don't know how I will do all this in less than 48 days, but I'll try.

Can anyone give me a hint on how you motivate yourselves guys? I can't seem to kick start my revision.

same position dude.

Preparation last time was a bit better.

I guess the previous paper 2 had a huuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggeeee .....impact and is stopping me from opening the books :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

same here.the worst part is cant even remember what were the kind of questions in that nightmare paper. hopefully sense prevails this time.

i cant help but laugh as ive yet to start studying for the exam !!!!!

was on annual leave and abroad and imagine my surprise when i got back day before and saw the mrcpsych letter :o was under the impression it was sumwhere towards the end of june.

anyways i know its probably a bit late to start but what the heck .....would try to gather as much shit in my pea brain as i can from today onwards

but i'd hafta agree , the reluctance to start has sumthing to do with the experience of last exam.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0