Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gungho49

The 18 months training requirement for paper2

6 posts in this topic

Most of you would have noticed the renewed training requirement for appearing paper 2 which is 18 months now.Eventhough I have more than 3 1/2 yrs in trust grade and staff grade posts I have only 12 months training experience and since then has not been eligible to apply for training posts due to lack of the appropriate visa hsmp.

I appeared for paper 2 this time.So do u think I will be exempted cos I already appeared or would i be not eligible for paper 2 now. ::)I will contact the exams dept anyway.cheers. :)

Depends on whether you already have appeared for the old part 1. Those who had already attempted the old part 1 are eligible to sit both papers 1 and 2 without having to complete 18 months in training.

But I guess, since you were able to sit for paper 2 already, you don't need to worry.

Most of you would have noticed the renewed training requirement for appearing paper 2 which is 18 months now.Eventhough I have more than 3 1/2 yrs in trust grade and staff grade posts I have only 12 months training experience and since then has not been eligible to apply for training posts due to lack of the appropriate visa hsmp.

I appeared for paper 2 this time.So do u think I will be exempted cos I already appeared or would i be not eligible for paper 2 now. ::)I will contact the exams dept anyway.cheers. :)

you can take exams until dec 2008 after that u have to be in training post

Thanks noct and ding dong u are right since i already appeared for paper 2 i can attempt till dec 08.it wud have been different if i had only appeared for paper 1 in feb. ;)

I have a query to ask for those who are familiar with the application for the paper 2.

I am planning to take the paper 2 in Nov 08.I will have got 18 months of experience by the end of the current job.I will fulfill one of the criterias which is fine. BUT I am not sure about the WPBA`S?!!This is where I am expecting some trouble by the royal college.

In the webiste it says'WPBA`S at ST2/ST3 level spread pver a period of 7-8 months.I am not a trainee in the transition but in the RTG.my worry is if they refuse this time in nov the next available diet is in june 09!!!!

I have never seen any body more disorganised and messy than the RCPych.Any opinions on this is much appreciated.I am planning to contact the college in this regard any suggestions?

Thanks.

I have a query to ask for those who are familiar with the application for the paper 2.

I am planning to take the paper 2 in Nov 08.I will have got 18 months of experience by the end of the current job.I will fulfill one of the criterias which is fine. BUT I am not sure about the WPBA`S?!!This is where I am expecting some trouble by the royal college.

In the webiste it says'WPBA`S at ST2/ST3 level spread pver a period of 7-8 months.I am not a trainee in the transition but in the RTG.my worry is if they refuse this time in nov the next available diet is in june 09!!!!

I have never seen any body more disorganised and messy than the RCPych.Any opinions on this is much appreciated.I am planning to contact the college in this regard any suggestions?

Thanks.

Have u got the required number of WPBAs?? Forget about the time period.

It is ur college tutor who will be signing the appli form and I dontt think he/she will refuse to sign the form just because u did the WPBAs over x number of months instead of y number of months which the college is looking for. Dont get into mess by contacting the college.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0