Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IED.LAMP

Paper 2 Results!!

24 posts in this topic

Hurray I passed this exam!!Such a good feeling... ;)

Congrats to all who made it this time :)

55% pass rate is quite a descent one I thought....

:)

yeah..yeah...if only i was in the [highlight]pass[/highlight] boat.... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Well done and congrats to all who passed.

Any tips to prepare for paper-2. I'll be sitting in june.

[highlight]yeah..yeah...if only i was in the pass boat.... [/highlight]

I am sorry that u did`nt make it this time but beleive me you will have your share of success very soon. :silly:

Good luck

How do we prepare for paper 2/ paper 1 any suggestions welcome.

By reading :lol: :lol: :D

Congrats guys....well done.

How do we prepare for paper 2/ paper 1 any suggestions welcome.

By reading :lol: :lol: :D

I have passed paper 2, and I did it by reading Puri & Hull Revision notes, and even the chapters are organised according to the exam syllubus. Just read it 2-3 times before moving on to any other material.

good luck.

i do agree thats the way to do it. atleast read puri.  but for the lazy lot like me it was birmingham notes(online version) and manchester notes.  read the actual notes from birmingham which is a good reading material for somebody who has no clue about what to read.

these notes probably help u pass the exams but may not be useful for actual practice.  

the other optioni s u could take the topics and read about them.  I am not saying that i did all this but wanted to do this and started on some.

this is the college guidelines on topics...

General Adult  journal of psychopharamacology guidelines of all the different illnesses- BPAD, DEP, ANXIETY.  nice quick reference if u have time. easy way out birmingham notes

General principles of psychopharmacology (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics)

Psychotropic drugs   stahl if u are keen but otherwise joPsychopharmacology GUIDELINES is more than enough or birmingham

Adverse reactions

Evaluation of treatments catie/cutlass for the enthusiastic ones birmingham/manchester for others

Neuropsychiatry (physiology, endocrinology, chemistry, anatomy, pathology) manchester notes

Genetics    see http://www.psychclub.com/YaBB.pl?num=1205061345/0  thanks to ros for sharing this- brilliant stuff :) i owe you one and manchester notes

Statistics and research (basic)

stephen lawrie  but most importantly birmingham notes logarithm

Epidemiology birmingham notes

Advanced Psychological Processes and Treatments munafo for starters but otherwise birmingham

hope this helps ........

the important message is its doable

;)

I passed Paper 2 and I'm relieved because I really can't go through this exam one more time!

Those who want to pass the exam MUST attend Cambridge research methodology and statistics course and SPMM course!

Best of luck with your preparation.

Hi I passed too...extremely releived!

I got great help from birmingham course..spmm and the critical appraisal was best in superegocafe...so you can get hold of notes for these three...gauranteed PASS! :D

To pass you have to hope every one arround you is doing bad rather than you doing well.

Another tip is to go through the questions from the last few sittings of the exams from the super ego cafe forum there are a good few questions that repeat.

My personal way is to read manchester and birmingham course stuff from friends.

My last tip is to check my home page that will get you 0.000001% of the exam surely!!!!

I passed on to paper 3 hurray. :lol: :lol:

It was nice to get such a sincere and thorough. Thank you very much

i do agree thats the way to do it. atleast read puri.  but for the lazy lot like me it was birmingham notes(online version) and manchester notes.  read the actual notes from birmingham which is a good reading material for somebody who has no clue about what to read.

these notes probably help u pass the exams but may not be useful for actual practice.  

the other optioni s u could take the topics and read about them.  I am not saying that i did all this but wanted to do this and started on some.

this is the college guidelines on topics...

General Adult  journal of psychopharamacology guidelines of all the different illnesses- BPAD, DEP, ANXIETY.  nice quick reference if u have time. easy way out birmingham notes

General principles of psychopharmacology (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics)

Psychotropic drugs   stahl if u are keen but otherwise joPsychopharmacology GUIDELINES is more than enough or birmingham

Adverse reactions

Evaluation of treatments catie/cutlass for the enthusiastic ones birmingham/manchester for others

Neuropsychiatry (physiology, endocrinology, chemistry, anatomy, pathology) manchester notes

Genetics    see http://www.psychclub.com/YaBB.pl?num=1205061345/0  thanks to ros for sharing this- brilliant stuff  :) i owe you one and manchester notes

Statistics and research (basic)

stephen lawrie  but most importantly birmingham notes logarithm

Epidemiology birmingham notes

Advanced Psychological Processes and Treatments munafo for starters but otherwise birmingham

hope this helps ........

the important message is its doable

;)

hi guys,

anybody aware that royal college gives a document during exam for change of address. anybody can tell that any TICK box was there for opting out to display your name in web results in that form.

neither my name was there in the passlist nor i recieved result letter till today....i am in total confusion...pass or faill... pass or fail.... pass fail..............  

Hi,

The form contains the information for the change of address ONLY.It does`nt contain any box or space for the results publication in the RCPsych website.However,the application form asks you for this information right when you send it across to college.

I am actually worried for you now?!So,you have not received your results yet?

Have you received it by now?If not please send an email to the exam section and request for ur results...They might be able to help you with this

Wish you Pass Pass and pass for you! :silly:

well done

can you tell me what to read for paper 1 and 2 please?

there are some areas I am not sure what to read, like hisotry of psychiatry or social psychology. I really appreciate your help

I can give you more questions than answers about paper 1 :(.  There were things on

ethics-used wikipedia for this start with gillian competent and go with the links

group dynamics- things about how you influence decisions in a multidisciplinary group setting

interviewing skills- did find a paper on different types of interviewing from bjpsych; i think

stigma and theories about stigma- absolutely no clue.

would like to hear from you if you found anything interesting about these topics.

except groupthink I found everything else from spmm notes. in addition I used BMJ papers on ethical priciples

SPMM is the MRCPsych course which is organised by Dr.Palaniyappan.The course is updated after each set of exams and they produce materials which are of high standard and quite a good choice for the new pattern exams.

They have a webiste and online courses as well if you want to enroll for revision during your exams.I am impresed with the material and have positive feed back on this course as they have helped me with Paper 1 and more so for paper 2 exams.

If you are planning for exams in June do have revise SPMM material...

they are strongly recommended by many...

good luck ;)

Can some tell me when is the next date for paper one & two exam plz/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0