Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magna

Structure of Paper 3

20 posts in this topic

Anyone know how long it is? Have the details been released on weighting to the various subjects?

not yet and we need to check the college website every day for this, we are not clear about these issues

thanks

Cheers Vijay, was on the college site myself but worried i'd just missed it.

Dear Magna

I have just read on college website that all written papers are 3 hours long containing 200 questions of Best of 5 items and EMIs

They have not mentioned about how many EMIs and how many Best of 5 MCQs yet

This info may be useful to you and rest of doctors taking the exam in 2008

Do you have any idea as to how to revise for the Best of 5 MCQs as we do not have any past papers available ?

Best Wishes

There are 3 books

1. Pretest psychiatry for USMLE

2. MCQs by Maju Mathews

3. Kaplan and Saddock Study Guide and self examination Review

Webmaster: The forum must not be used to break any law or incite anyone else to act against the law. Accounts of offending posters will be closed immediately in order to protect the forum from legal action.

Thank you very much friends for your timely help

I will have a look at them now

Best Wishes

Does anybody have any idea about some Australian or Canadian books for Best of Five questions? one of my colleagues mentioned that people are using these for preparation but had no further info. Has naybody used them & are they any good ?

Hi

I am trying to look at the new curriculum but it asks for royal college memebrship number & pin number. Is the membership number same as the roll number in exams?

No.

Membership number is one you have as a memebr in any capacity...even perceptorship.

No.

Membership number is one you have as a memebr in any capacity...even perceptorship.

Yes, I called the College & got it from them. My inceptorship letter is gathering dust somewhere in one of the many places I have moved around!!!!

I saw this on the college website today. the curreculum for paper three

Paper 3

Research methods

Evidence based practice

Statistics

Critical Appraisal

Clinical Topics

Liaison

Forensic

Addiction

Child and adolescent

Psychotherapy

Learning disability

Rehabilitation

Old age psychiatry

I saw this on the college website today. the curreculum for paper three

Paper 3

Research methods

Evidence based practice

Statistics

Critical Appraisal

Clinical Topics

Liaison

Forensic

Addiction

Child and adolescent

Psychotherapy

Learning disability

Rehabilitation

Old age psychiatry

It has been there on the website for the last several months :)

I wanted to check with other people because everything seems so confusing. I have Part 1 and currently in ST 2 post. If I sit paper 3 in March 3 , will I have to do all WPBA as on the form. Looks a lot for a period of 1 month when forms will be out.

Thanks for the reply

Sonali the forms for the exam are already on the college website but they will start accepting them from the 25th of January'08.The regulations re. exams which apply for the people in transition from the old to the new system are also on the form and in the exam regulations.From what I understand they do not expect us to have our WBPA's completed.I don't know if anyone has any other info on the same.

No you would not have to do all of those WPBA's as we are still in the transition period and just having your part one will be enough to sit for paper three.

And you would need WPBA's to progress to your next level, for eg from st2/ftsta2 to st3/ftsta3

I called college today and I was told that Paper 3 will last for 3 hours and there is no break in between. They will come up with the structure by tha end of this year. I mean break down on questions on each topic and number of best of five & EMIs. 8-)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0