Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pappu

What books and notes to read for paper 3

22 posts in this topic

Hi Guys and Gals, I have no idea whether the books I am following will help me in MCQs at all. Currently I am going through Oxford's shorter Textbook, Manchester Notes, Yellow College book for Critical appraisal and old papers for ISQs. There are loads of other books, which you all are using......... Could anyone tell me which other book to go through? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

well.. i am personally am not doing any questions at this time.. just going thru the notes for clinical and para clinical topics, and the critical appraisal book...

i dont want to condition myself to a particular pattern of questions for the exam only to realise later that its not the proper style...

so, just making sure that i have got the basics right to begin with, and once the revision courses start, i will start doing the question bit...

is there anywhere around in manchester who would like to team up ?

I'm doing SOTP (new ed- just in case ;)), Manchester notes, webmasters book on CA...and I'm doing the old T/F MCQs (Manc and Superego) anyway just to test how much i'm actually remembering. :-/

Yes I probably should look at the yellow book too, but the questions are so wrong in style that I'm not sure how helpful it would be.....

i cant find the CA book by Superego course :(

i dont know if i gave it to a friend or whether it's buried bneath a load of trash in one of my umpteen boxes when i moved... :(

I have been flipping in and out of various texts due to confusion of which to read but finally settled with Companion.

Now i'm reading Birmingham online notes and doing the online mcqs......not too great though.

I am doing birmingham online too. It's great...especially the MCQs. You come to know how deep in water you are....If you havn't tried it... do it now. Best of luck ;) ;) ;)

Ive read it all and done it all. am just waiting for the exam.

hahahahhaha man Im freaking out big time. I just cant keep anything inside my useless brain. CA is something that was and still is alien to me.

I am doing birmingham online too. It's great...especially the MCQs. You come to know how deep in water you are....If you havn't tried it... do it now. Best of luck ;) ;) ;)

Yeah man,....cant believe i still sore below 50% in some mcqs even at the 2nd attempt. Just realised there's very little a tired and old brain like mine can take.

I am really amazed at how much you guys are studying , especially Ros, WOW!!!

I seem to be struggling with the birmingham notes and CA and I dont remember the last time I looked at a proper text book.... I am beginning to freak out now!!! :o :'( :'( :(

Isn't Birmingham Online course questions, esp. Best of Fives really really difficult? or is it only me finding them too hard? All the options in most of the questions are right, quite plausible, and where it says '..Likely to be', then anything could be likely.

Do you think we'll get this sort of disputed questions in the real exams?

Probably harder and tougher ones, mate ::) ::)

I am really amazed at how much you guys are studying , especially Ros, WOW!!!

I seem to be struggling with the birmingham notes and CA and I dont remember the last time I looked at a proper  text book.... I am beginning to freak out now!!! :o :'( :'( :(

Chill out, Doc! I said 'I am doing'- not 'I have done'!

'I have just about managed to motivate myself to start and these are the resources I am using' would be more accurate :lol: :lol: :lol:

Watch those cognitive distortions in times of stress... ;)

hey, dont freak out Rosalind Jane !!!!

everyone is stressed out in these times !!! i just went onto the Colelge's site today to have a looksie at the sample questions.. i wont say they are tough.. but they certainly are tricky.. i just need to get my basics of stats right.. so easy to get so many MCQs wrong there... :(

Sagir, I'm not freaking out...you are projecting your freaking out onto me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

And check your e-mail 8-)

Sagir, I'm not freaking out...you are projecting your freaking out onto me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

And check your e-mail 8-)

aye, aye captain.... as for my freaking out... nah.. i am totally CHILL !

u havent checked my gaming stats lately, have u ?

Please dont deviate from the topic.........What we need to do is to crack it...They have to pass few of us no matter how bad we are....... WE KNOW THAT THEY KNOW WHAT WE KNOW.... So just give it what you have..........there is still time ......... dont panic and dont freak out........do that after 11th of March........... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Any one going through Olajide ajetuuun.............. for CA? Statistical tests are so confusing :-? :-? :-? :-?

I am pundit. But I think we need to know only where which test is used and not every formula(I hope not :o).

I have skipped the non-essential information, but it is a very good book. I just dont seem to remember any of it.

Thanks Doc......will keep that in mind... :D

I am pundit. But I think we need to know only where which test is used and not every formula(I hope not  :o).

I have skipped the non-essential information, but it is a very good book. I just dont seem to remember any of it.

Isn't Birmingham Online course questions, esp. Best of Fives really really difficult? or is it only me finding them too hard? All the options in most of the questions are right, quite plausible, and where it says '..Likely to be', then anything could be likely.

Do you think we'll get this sort of disputed questions in the real exams?

yes they are seems like the author just wants to show off his knowlegde...typical of some books by authours back home in india.... than actually making them benefecial for students ....manchester course seems more informative and balanced

It seems that a lot of people have tried to do Birmingham online and found it difficult. I found it difficult too but after I read their online material and did some more MCQs, it seemed a lot easier ;) ;) ;) ;)........First set of MCQs hits your knowledge really hard........ some people might take that positively and study harder........it's just my opinion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0