Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RosyWood

Where is everyone going for Paper 3?

17 posts in this topic

Just being nosy, really. And curious to see how many people haven't been able to go to their first choice of venue. If so, tick option 7 as well as your allocated venue...

Didnt you get your 1st choice Ros?

wow.. we have got someone who's going to Hong Kong for the exam !!!

might as well take a couple of days off after the exam and enjoy a bit ;)

wow.. we have got someone who's going to Hong Kong for the exam !!!

might as well take a couple of days off after the exam and enjoy a bit ;)

It would be warmer as well !!!!!!!

Didnt you get your 1st choice Ros?

Yeah- I got Manchester- my first choice- but a couple of my mates who left it a bit late had Sagi's experience of 2 letters, until the college managed to get more capacity in Manchester.

Hong Kong? why is d college having a centre there?

Is there an unknown market for the college there?

Hongkong was a British territory until very recently.

when the Chinese became too powerful they had to

compromise.

They 'royal' colleges still function there and official

language is English!

If you are looking for a job...

On a serious note, did you all know NEUROPSYCHIATRY

was included?

I thought there wouldn't be a basic sciences. So?

Ros, whatz the way out of this?

If British colony was a criteria for centres, then there would be loads scattered all over the world.......especially with countries that can offer a large % of candidates.

How many candidates are there in Hongkong ...with pop of 6million (1/2 of london)?

And yes, Neuro psych has been included, but not basic sciences.

What can we do?......NOTHING ::)

I've just tried to learn the Manchester course neuropsych notes- a bit of neuroanatomy, but mostly applied stuff like EEG, Sleep, epilepsy, head injury, amnesia, GDT, tuberous sclerosis, CJD etc. That'll have to do. There ain't no way I can change tack now.

Got to go through HIV again- I'm thinking that's a biggy, according to the college site. And the one thing that I thought from reading the paper 2 threads was that the college said what they were going to test, but no one believed they were going to do it in the depth they did... :o :-[ :-X

There's some stuff in the Manchester notes- liaison, I think. Failing that :-? Lishman??? That might be a bit out of date, now...I dunno. Might have a look and see if anything's come up recently in APT etc- if I don't run out of time... :P

Ros, good stuff!

Medicine relevant to psych and HIV, WHERE would you look for that?

Manchester course notes?

what is everyone looking at for Rehab psych? found nothing in CORE

Even my transitional object (or should that be fetish object :-X) Shorter Oxford Textbook Psych is letting me down on rehab- only 2 paras (why do I keep thinking of Amy Winehouse? That's not productive...)

On the other hand- medical, psychological, occupational, social, residential interventions. (Only Mad People Seek Rcpsych)

Medical- obvious- fill 'em full of drugs. Preferably helpful ones.

Psychological- supportive therapy, behavioural progs, social skills.

Occupational- structures time, interaction with others, self-esteem, payment. With general pop when poss- avoids segregation and stigma.

Social- normal peers beneficial if poss (aide memoire- my daughter- moderate LD- goes to special school now for secondary, age 11- advantages- more true peers, chance of making real friends, investment in services(3 adults to 10 kids), recognition of strengths/weaknesses not fitting the 'normal' pattern; but disadvantages- behavioural examples abnormal- already seeing odd behaviour courtesy of social modelling that she didn't have at mainstream primary- eg hand-flapping (she's not ASD), sticking tongue out....

Residential- in-patient, day patient, out-patient (less important than acute- CPN probably better), community- supported

erm-that's it.

NY, that was a great paper!

Could you source the more recent papers, please.

Guess that's all we need for HIV questions if we could

get the recent editions incase of changes.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0