Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Freudian_slipped

Paper 3 2008 - BOFs and EMIs

19 posts in this topic

That is brilliant. I just need your permission to copy and paste the questions onto:

www.psychiatry.wikispaces.com

if you don't mind. Doing this everyone can solve the questions by editing the page again and again. You can also post / paste the questions onto the above page yourself.

I shall be grateful for this favour.

I've put the ones I could remember into categories and posted them here:

http://www.cambridgecourse.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=65

:lol:

F_S

F_S in that hip fracture article I remember marking laxative prescriptions for which the OR 3.7, I dont remember what the CI was. I might be totally wrong. Does anyone did the same? any comments? Please...

i thoiught 3.7 was the or for previous history of falls and marked that as the answer.

so many bad memories tho' so cant be sure of outcome.

good luck to all

I marked Hx of falls as having OR of 3.7, and that the evidence-based recommendation was that there should be a risk-assessment of those who fall.

The figure I gave for the 1 year number of #NOF for the UK was 27000 - I divided the study figure by 12 to get the 1-year incidence then inflated that from 5% (the GPRD population) to 100%, the UK population.

I marked Hx of falls as having OR of 3.7, and that the evidence-based recommendation was that there should be a risk-assessment of those who fall.

The figure I gave for the 1 year number of #NOF for the UK was 27000 - I  divided the study figure by 12 to get the 1-year incidence then inflated that from 5% (the GPRD population) to 100%, the UK population.

i agree with that.

i am fairly confident about this answer having wasted time doing that..

I agree with you guys:

1. case-control study

2. previous hx of falls most important

3. inhalled corticosteroids more of a risk than injected

4. 27000

5. thorough falls assessment

F_S

Freudian,

Had a look at the Cambridge Course answers thread, how are people managing to get all those many random questions down word-perfect?? Is it just an amazing memory??

(Love the avatar BTW - Victory will be mine Rupert!).

When I was writing the Part 1 it was suggested that I take my dictaphone with me and dictate something a little more useful than a discharge summary!

Did the same thing this time and my VERY understanding partner kept me supplied with chinese food and beer whilst I typed up all the ones I could remember and categorised them.

It's the SEC way - try and contribute and other SEC folk help out when you have a query or 'last minute doubt [sic]'!

And when you're an Infinity you get to meet Slarti, Ros, Sagir, PA, Tanv, and co!

F_S

I agree with you guys:

1. case-control study

4. 27000

F_S

I'm not so sure about number 5. The question was what is the most evidence based conclusion from the study - since they did no research into the effect of a comprehensive falls assessment I don't see that you can say it is evidence based.  The only evidence based conclusion they had was - don't give laxatives to the elderly.... Anyone else agree... Please!!! :)

in the hip fracture one even i marked the laxatives mainly cuz it had a shorter CI than the falls dont knw wether that es correct or not

in the hip fracture one even i marked the laxatives mainly cuz it had a shorter CI than the falls dont knw wether that es correct or not

So I am glad that I am not the only one...

F_S

Very impressed! All the questions instantly dropped out of my head when they said 'pencils down.' As for posting on SEC to infinity status - I think for me it is an unattainable goal....

ps.' Rupert, I told you to watch the bags! But you were watching the BOYS again weren't you!'

I agree with you guys:

1. case-control study

4. 27000

F_S

I'm not so sure about number 5. [highlight]The question was what is the most evidence based conclusion from the study - since they did no research into the effect of a comprehensive falls assessment I don't see that you can say it is evidence based[/highlight].  The only evidence based conclusion they had was - don't give laxatives to the elderly.... Anyone else agree... Please!!! :)

I thought the same, Simon.

Can't remember what the hell I put instead, though!

Your Stewie quote made me LOL! (And I rarely LOL - sometimes I lol if no one's around!).

Guys - I think prior history of falls had the largest OR (CIs be damned!) and a falls assessment is something the medics were constantly doing on my old age patients and I thought - if I had to choose between stopping laxatives on an OAP or doing a thorough falls assessment - I know what I'd pick!

Anyone else having the post exam blues?

*sigh* - roll on the results already!

F_S

Stewie (to Lois - obviously!) : Damn you, vile woman! You've impeded my work since the day I escaped from your wretched womb!

F_S am SO tempted to begin a quote war with you but I think I'll be at risk of exposing my true inner geekiness as sadly, I have too many good ones to mention! Plus, Family Guy isn't technically related to paper 3, so don't wanna upset people who are checking this thread for BOFs and EMIs! Saying that, I sense we coulda been fabulous... :lol:;)

To make this post a bit more relevant, have to say I'm not loving this wait for results, which I can't really explain as it's obviously computer marked. Just wanna know!

Start a Family Guy thread in the chillout zone- I'm sure you won't be the only contributors :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0