Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sagirparkar

book on MCQs and EMIs

69 posts in this topic

friends, there's a new book in the market on MCQs and EMIs based on the new pattern..

check out this site for some more questions...

from what i have heard, it seems that these questions are kinda decent , in keeping with the college style and level of questions..

http://intellectualsignature.co.uk/mrc3.php

costs 25 pounds plus a couple of quid for postage.. doesnt hurt to do some more questions, does it ?

Isnt it coming a bit too late?

Isnt it coming a bit too late?

yes, but better late than never man... i only found about it today.. so posted it...

I am not sure if it is already available yet.

The website says 'from Spring 2008'.

I am not sure if it is already available yet.

The website says 'from Spring 2008'.

maybe.. but one of my friend has already got it.. so its already available for sale...

Well they happily accepted payment this morning, though whether it will arrive in time is another matter.

Thanks for letting us know about it Sagir.

Even if it gets to me too late to make proper use of it, it can always join my security-blanket-collection of Birmingham-Manchester-Trickcyclist-Puri-Michael-McNamara-Notes-Books-MCQ-ISQ-EMI-Etc-Etc-Blah-Blah-Blah-Et al

Shush, don't tell anyone....but sometimes I like to pile them up and stroke them :o :o :o:lol: :lol:.

All the best,

seamus

Shush, don't tell anyone....but sometimes I like to pile them up and stroke them :o :o :o:lol: :lol:.

haha.. no worries man.. i wont.. i personally stack up them and show them off.. :P

got mine today.. not opened it yet.. will post abt it when i go thru a few sections of the book..

I recieved mine as well. Looks okay. Will read a few chapters and post feedback. I have to say very prompt dispatching

Now i wish i'd gone for it.

I read the first chapter, Adult & Rehabilitation. reminded me of USMLE step 2 questions. I think many of the questions are t undergraduate level. Second Chapter, Liaison, is difficult though.

At least the questions make sense and this is a strong indication that they are not relevant to paper 3 as MRCPsych questions do not make sense !!

Will keep you posted.

I read the first chapter, Adult & Rehabilitation. reminded me of USMLE step 2 questions. I think many of the questions are t undergraduate level. Second Chapter, Liaison, is difficult though.

[highlight]At least the questions make sense and this is a strong indication that they are not relevant to paper 3 as MRCPsych questions do not make sense !![/highlight]

Will keep you posted.

lol. thats a good and fair point.. Kreely, there is still time man.. even if you order it now, you can get it by thursday or friday latest.. so if you fancy ordering, go ahead.. dont hesitate !!

Yeah, thanks man.

I have seen this book, I was doing the Statistics part yesterday. I appreciate the effort the authors have made and they are very good practice questions. Whether the Royal college questions will follow this pattern we will know only on Tuesday but the book is very good.

If you are panicking about Paper 3 and thinking of buying this book: Please DONT do it!

The book is RUBBISH. The English is so poor it is difficult to understand exactly what the authors mean at times, making many of the questions ambiguous.

The standard of the questions shows a complete lack of understanding of the current curriculum and College requirements. They can be simplistic to the point of being a complete farce. The references are incomplete, old and taken at times from Wikipaedia!!

I don’t have time to write a full review right now but will certainly do so after March 11th.

In my opinion, buying this book would be a waste of money and at the moment a definite waste of TIME. The choice is yours, but you have been warned.

dont know man.. there is a thread on this book already.. and a couple of them have stated that the questions make sense.. on of my other friends said the same..

and i feel the same about it too..

but thanks for sharing your opinion about it..

and please for the sake of keeping things simple, lets stick to the original thread

thanks

Forensic and Liaison are not as easy as General Adult. GA questions are definitely at undergraduate level. I do not understand why authors used SOTP 2005 edition for a book published in 2008, may be they had no money to buy the new edition !!! Even if this is the case, they should have looked at it in any library !

It takes years for a book to get from manuscript to booksellers shelves...at least 2- especially if you are co-ordinating different authors....

can any one tell me how soon u could get it if u order it today

can any one tell me how soon u could get it if u order it today

I got this reply today

The book is usually dispatched within 24 hours by first class recorded delivery which takes 1-2 days for delivery.

If you place an order today, hopefully you'll get it by friday but we can't take gaurentee for royal mail though.

Hope this helps

Customer Support Team

Intellectual Signature LTD

This is my 3rd time on birminmghamonline, still I am not doing 100%, it is only 75% most of the times. it used to be only 50% 2nd time. Really worried mates, I dunno whether I am going to read a new book in this time span.

Manchester notes covers almost everything etiology,clinical features, prognosis, management, investigations for most of the conditions. Sometimes I really wonder what else could be there to ask?

May be my knowledge is very limited... I started very late..but even in the Shorter oxford or core Psychiatry books what extra useful points one can get? I just galnced them. most of the tables in shorter oxford book are covered by manchester notes in one or the other way.

I agree that manchester notes are very good, but how much of it are you able to retain?

I tried reading them once 2 weeks ago, spent a good amount of time on them.

Now I dont seem to remember much while I am revising.

And I AM STARTING TO PANIC !!!! :o :o :o :o :o

I DONT HAVE TIME TO READ THEM AGAIN !!!

Hi,

Is that Book now available to buy from Blackwell Bookshops?

You'll be fine guys. Sounds like some good hard work is going in- it's normally rewarded. When I read the Manc notes and remember something I feel good, then I try the Birmingham questions!! Have had some horrible scores on the damn things and haven't done them all yet. Of notable difficulty for me were the neuropsych questions, especially the delerium and aphasia ones- only marginally better scores than I would have recieved by chance!

Brave man, i've not summoned enuff courage to attempt the Neuropsych questions yet. Made one attempt at Neurophys and Anat and scored woefully.

Plan to leave it till weekend and hope the late revision will retain for atleat 72hrs till tues.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0