Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naderyakoub

895 Applicants for Paper 3

12 posts in this topic

Hi All

Do you think this huge number of applicants will positively or adversly affect the pass mark / pass rate?? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Hi All

Do you think this huge number of applicants will positively or adversly affect the pass mark / pass rate?? Your thoughts are appreciated.

could you please, explain your question a bit more.

It sounds like a royal college question, as in not being direct! lol

what is the number of applicants?

when you say 'huge' what is the comparative factor?

Dont really see the point in this thread.

If I was to hazard a guess at what NY is asking I would put money on:

1. If lots of people write this brand spanking new paper and FAIL the new system looks bad and so the college might be tempted to push the number passing up.

2. With so many people writing the college might try and fail MORE people than usual - free up some ST jobs!

But I think - the more the merrier! It just means more of us with anxiety symptoms wondering why the college takes FIVE WEEKS to get a computer to mark an MCQ paper!

And I do not understand the 'Hofstee Compromise Method' - not in the syllabus for Paper 3! :)

F_S

I dont blame NY.I suppose this is his way of coping with the anxiety.We all are anxious and each of us have diff ways to deal with it.

Coming to the effect of numbers on results,it is difficult to say what they have in thier mind.

With the new ways/methods of marking and setting the pass rate-the college made it very flexible for last minute changes.

They might be very careful in setting the pass mark-given the paper-2 result.

Hi All

I think it may affect it adversely- there will be a limited number of places for the CASC so they may wish to trim those passing down a bit. I don't undertand why your motive for asking the question is being asked?! :-?

And I think not undertanding the HasselHoff method is entirely the colleges aim.

Hi All

I think it may affect it adversely- there will be a limited number of places for the CASC so they may wish to trim those passing down a bit. I don't undertand why your motive for asking the question is being asked?! :-?

And I think not undertanding the [highlight]HasselHoff[/highlight] method is entirely the colleges aim.

Do u mean Hofstee method?????????

I think my humour is lost on you Eeyore, unless your gratuitous use of the question mark again is a counter joke. Do let me know because I'm beginning to read it as hostile. :(

hi all

i think your guys anxiety about exam results, is just about to turn every body into  the prodromal phase of psychotic illness!!!

what is the bloody advantage of such a non sense thread, just sit back and wait for the results , and stop filling the forum with a such rubbish discussion !!!

it wasnt that long , when your guys were in this forum giving an expertise advice about how to prepare for paper 3 for the autumn exam !!!!!

best wishes for all

I think my humour is lost on you Eeyore, unless your gratuitous use of the question mark again is a counter joke. Do let me know because I'm beginning to read it as hostile. :(

Alas, I was thinking at last I got one thing right!!!!!!!!!!!

Just out of interest, the total number of applicants for Paper 3 was apparently >1000, according to one of my consultants who has been invited to examine for the CASC.

NY said 895 candidates and you are saying greater than 1000!

How many candidates applied/sat the old part 2 paper?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0