Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lcameron

Are old MCQs useful for paper 3?

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if those who have just sat the paper3 think that the old single statement part two questions helped them with the recent exam?

:-?...I have piles of them and really wonder if doing them all will be a good use of of my v limited study time.

I read most of old style mcqs stuff prior to my Paper3,but to be honest it did not help me in solving paper 3.

College is creating a new bof bank.

For paper 3 in March if I would have read oxford hand book of psychiatry,it would have more usefull than reading the old mcqs.

But nothing is useless,old mcqs can improve your knoweldge.

Ther is no harm in reading them.

Every little helps..........copyright Tesco.

Old mcqs will help your knowledge but you may lose trackand focus as to how the new bof questions are worded and tackled.

I would advise majoring on BOF questions if you can, as it gives you practice on how the questions are written etc.

I think we need a few runs of these new style exams to say for certain what is and what is not useful. As of now it is really difficult to say. But they can be used as gap fillers ceratinly.

I would say go through old style mcq's to develop knowledge but not with a view to sit the new-style paper 3. The BOF's expect you to select the best out of 5 (more often you can rule out 3 options) and you (and I if I don't clear this time) need to practice ruling out options rather than saying true or false. Many a times you have to select the best one even though the other options may be 'true' in the conventional sense.

if you get good bank of old questios with answers, why not?

they will help to sort out the best of answers on similar topics.

Don't bother with old MCQs. I ran out of time in my studying and didn't get round to them as planned- don't feel it would've made any difference.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0