Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pappu

Cut off marks for paper III

15 posts in this topic

Hi Every body,

How was your paper III? Have you heard anything about cut off mark needed to get through paper III? As college seem to have fixed a cut off mark for Paper I, II, III. That's why only 37% passed in paper II.

Hope it is not too high?

BEST OF LUCK......................... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The cut-off mark was actually different for Paper 1 and 2. The pass mark for Paper 1 was 50.9%, and a friend of mine told me that the cut-off mark for Paper 2 was around 40%.

The cut off mark will be different for papers 1, 2 and 3. You won't know about it [paper3 cut-off] before the results are announced this week. Best of Luck to all.

what do people mean by cut off?

Cut off mark to pass i.e need a mark of 20% or over to pass or cut off mark of the perecentage of people who will pass?

Hi Every body,

How was your paper III? Have you heard anything about cut off mark needed to get through paper III? As college seem to have fixed a cut off mark for Paper I, II, III. That's why only 37% passed in paper II.

Hope it is not too high?

BEST OF LUCK......................... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Pandit,

37% passed in Paper 2...ONLY BECAUSE THE CUT OFF WAS LESS THAN 38%.... This shows that the pass rate would have been 00.00% if the cut off were to be 50%...Please realize this fact.

I think cut off will be around 50%

best of luck to everybody

I cant even work out this 'cut-off' thing :o( what do you mean? please tell me in the simplest possible terms.......... :-/

Is anyone else feeling anxious? scared? rubbish? depressed? worthless? touchy? let down? disappointed? Anything? anyone?

I am terrified. I know its only an exam and all that but its just awful idea of not seeing your name there and checking over and over to make sure you havent missed it but still not finding it. Failing is not too bad once you have processed the reality and thought about what you need to do next to improve chances of success next time.

I wont sleep tonight thats for sure. Tomorrow Ill be totally preoccupied and agitated - The idea of checking at work is too frighening. Ill probably wait till I get home. I think what ever happens (pass or failure) it will be alright.. good luck everyone.

Agree with you Dusty and Ms Tickle

Shit Scared...... :'( :'(

I was hoping to take annual leave tomorrow, at least half day...get home by half one, pray as much as possible, maybe take some tranquilizers so that when the list comes up, I will not react that strongly(hopefully). :-/

Of course, with my luck...I am the only doc in the dept. so have to come to work... >:(

.....will be too anxious to stay here and watch, so would have left home for work... takes at least 30 -40 mts to get home...

My biggest fear.......surely some friend would call me up in the meantime whilst I am travelling to let me know of the result and try to sound very sympathetic and not exactly break the horrible news.....

OH GOD.... I know it is only an exam but IT IS THE MOTHER OF ALL EXAMS......

Miss Tickle,

The result is said to be out at 17:00 on 03/04

This is a change from the before!!

So dont worry, its the last thing you will see before you get back home.

Then it gives you another day to either distrubute sweets or call off sick before the weekend!!!

Good luck

Thanks guys and gals, but I havn't got the right answer to my question. I thought cut off mark is percentage of marks above which every body qualifies for CASC and below which would have to re-sit the paper 3. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

It might mean the pass mark of the exam, or more likely the percentage of people they pass.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0