Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RosyWood

Marks for Paper 3

25 posts in this topic

If people are brave enough to put their marks in once they receive the results letter, we might be able to get a rough idea of the distribution, and where the pass mark was in relation to it...

You can only vote once!

The pass mark was 52.93%

Hi Ros

I thought marks were sent only to those who failed.

No- this time they're sending everyone their marks :-/

Can you create N/A not aplicable option as well please for people who want to see the results only

If people are brave enough to put their marks in once they receive the results letter, we might be able to get a rough idea of the distribution, and where the pass mark was in relation to it...

You can only vote once!

The pass mark was 52.93%

Ros, somehow I had the gut feeling that [highlight]u[/highlight] were going to start this poll. ;)

I started it off with a 'just curious' option, Sure, but of the first 4 people that voted, 2 voted just curious! Given that most people who did the exam are likely to want to see the results but will be hesitant about exposing themselves, I deleted the option for the time being to encourage people to submit their marks. I'll add a 'just curious' option later so all can see, but I just want to try and get a representative sample first...

I havent received my results letter yet. I am assuming Im not the only one. ?? Now I am so curious to know how I did.

Ros , I am not sure why u think people will hesitate to reveal how much they scored ?? What do people say ?

I just guess it will be biased towards people who have done well, Addict. I'm very willing to be proven wrong :)

College marks sheet makes no sence at all-I felt just giving the percentage of marks what we have scored in the exam is of no use to the candidate,the college should have also given the graph comparing with others which makes more sence and could see where we stand.

For eg..if pass mark is 55 % and you score only say eg 57 % just knowing this would not help but would be depressing but infact the majority might have scored same % or you might be top of all with only this much %

Can you create N/A not aplicable option as well please for people who want to see the results only

yes, do that ros, before i skew the results one way or the other :evil:

I havent received my results letter yet. I am assuming Im not the only one. ??  Now I am so curious to know how I did.

You're not the only one Miss Tickle, I haven't heard anything either! Was really glad to hear you'd passed, I know from your posts you were worried (me too!). Let's wait and see, maybe tomorrow. Ros obviously lives in an area with really efficient posties! :)

So we have 2 Genius among us!

(As suggested by the polls)

it may have been the person who set the paper ... :D

Ros - this is such a fab idea!

Soon as my letter arrives I'll vote.

F_S

P.S. I bet the SEC folk will be 2sd above the mean!

great idea ros..

did get my marks today and have voted... ;)

OK, OK.

good, i waited a day before becoming nosy! :evil:

i am really interested in meeting them :)

as for me... like i told Ros before, i am sure the college screwed up big time and that helped me get across the dreaded line and into the safe zone...

whew... was a close shave..

Just posted the result!

Thanks Ros

At least 2 of the geniuses and 3 of the <12 % people voted when there was no alternative to giving a mark if you wanted to see the poll- I assumed this was because they were nosy but wanted to make it obvious they were to be discounted....

Bearing in mind 618 out of 906 people passed, we appear to have a sampling bias here...so either superegoites are 'smarter than the average bear, Booboo' or more likely to vote if they've passed...

I  can see where this is going...

There is probably going to be a move where your marks may be taken for getting into the ST4... ie when people start competing for the posts when the decoupling takes effect in two years...

Does that make sense if that is the case... I mean... its all MCQs... so it is very transparent... no essays... no short notes as in the previous CRAPP paper...

I do not think Paper 3 score will be taken in consideration later on when deciding for ST-4 posts. The simple reason is that,for example, a 65% may not even be a pass mark next exam

At the end of the day a 53 is a pass and a 93 is still a pass. A higher pass may make one feels good about himself but nothing else.

I think the mark is more important for those who failed so that they can see how far they are from passing rather than those who passed to see how well they did

I'm going to close the poll shortly, so vote if you haven't already...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0