Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nomankw

stats help

6 posts in this topic

umm i know its a bit late (as usual) but would there be the tables etc already made in stats qustions or do we need to make em ??

any ideas ??? :-/

umm i know its a bit late (as usual) but would there be the tables etc already made in stats qustions or do we need to make em ??

any ideas   ???    :-/

No, the college is not too kind to give us pre-made tables. We have to make our own tables and chairs to sit in exam.

I wrote an article a few days ago about how to make a 2/2 table, I hope that would be of benefit to you.

Do not forget to open the MS word attachment.

http://psychiatry.multiply.com/journal/item/45/How_to_make_a_2_x_2_table

any ideas   ???    :-/

No, the college is not too kind to give us pre-made tables. We have to make our own tables and chairs to sit in exam.

I wrote an article a few days ago about how to make a 2/2 table, I hope that would be of benefit to you.

Do not forget to open the MS word attachment.

http://psychiatry.multiply.com/journal/item/45/How_to_make_a_2_x_2_table

them b@stards !!! >:(

but thanks kamran sahab u da greatest ;)

can anyone solvethis one for me ??

im having probz understanding how to make a 2x2 table on this one, though have a the answer :)

A psychiatrist in Dublin, made a new depression rating scale called DMI (Dublin Mood Inventory) (name made up for learning purposes)

40 out of 50 subjects from a hospital setting were diagnosed to be depressed on BMI. 45 subjects were found depressed on Hamilton Depression Rating Scale including 39 subjects who were also found depressed on BMI.

can anyone solvethis one for me ??

im having probz understanding how to make a 2x2 table on this one, though have a the answer :)

A psychiatrist in Dublin, made a new depression rating scale called DMI (Dublin Mood Inventory) (name made up for learning purposes)

40 out of 50 subjects from a hospital setting were diagnosed to be depressed on BMI. 45 subjects were found depressed on Hamilton Depression Rating  Scale including 39 subjects who were also found depressed on BMI.

Basically this Dublin mian is trying to test his rating scale and find out how it compares against a well established and valid rating scale, i.e. the HAM-D.

Therefore HAM-D should be taken as the Gold Standard and should figure on the top column of the 2x2 table!

HAM-D Positive HAM-D Negative

(Depressed) (Not Depressed)

DMI +ve 39 (A) 1(B)

DMI -ve 6© 4(D)

Now proceed as you know from here on!

;)

Thanks nocturnal

Good luck to all for your exams.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0