Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eulib

Panic,panic

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

Up until now I have been revising really well for paper 3 and I felt everything was going reasonably ok.

the last few days i cant seem to take anything in and am switching from topic to topic.I tried taking a few days off but it did not seem to help.

I am not in a study group as i dont know anyone else doing the exam.

Advice please......this is awful! :-/

If u have a faith, pl pray. I am also in the same position and I think most of us feeling the same.

Good luck, u will be there.

Had been busy in the last days of my last job, getting my audit presentation together.

Then the pressures of visiting the new job, attending induction, picking up keys, id badges, internet requests, etc.

And working a week of busy nights in the middle of all these certainly does not help.

Result: There is hardly 2 weeks left and I have prepared jacks*@t!

Thought of withdrawing from the exams, but I won't get any refund, so giving it a go, just to be on the failure statistics, so you guys can pass!

Don't know if it helps, but just to show you are not the worst possible case yet! 8-)

Hi Eulib,

I study alone too but use the superego website alot.

My studies in my opinion had been going well, but I got burnt out over the weekend and gave myself a break. I resumed yesterday by doing the mock exams of B'ham course and I tell you today I am down in the dungeons. I don't feel like working or studying. So you are not alone. But remember the battle is not for the powerful or the swiftest but for those who can endure.

Good luck

If u have a faith, pl pray. I am also in the same position and I think most of us feeling the same.

Good luck, u will be there.

&quot:lol:hukh me Smiran sab karai

Sukh me karai ne khoi...' 8-)

Had been busy in the last days of my last job, getting my audit presentation together.

Then the pressures of visiting the new job, attending induction, picking up keys, id badges, internet requests, etc.

And working a week of busy nights in the middle of all these certainly does not help.

Result: There is hardly 2 weeks left and I have prepared jacks*@t!

Thought of withdrawing from the exams, but I won't get any refund, so giving it a go, [highlight]just to be on the failure statistics, so you guys can pass![/highlight]

Don't know if it helps, but just to show you are not the worst possible case yet! 8-)

Thats so nice of u nocty. :silly:

Hello,

Up until now I have been revising really well  for paper 3 and I felt everything was going reasonably ok.

the last few days i cant seem to take anything in and am switching from topic to topic.I tried taking a few days off but it did not seem to help.

I am not in a study group as i dont know anyone else doing the exam.

Advice please......this is awful! :-/

OK....up till now you say you've been studying well....and you describe what's changed......and the title of this thread is Panic/Panic.......now what is the main feature of panic.

Panic is a sudden fear which dominates or replaces thinking and often affects groups of people or animals

That's what the wiki says...

Well the word comes from the name of the God...PAN who would sound a horn so scary that those travellers in the forest hearing it would ....freeze.....become pale and fearful and die......they suffered PANIC.............

Of course you're not in situation as terrible as that.....but your mind tells you.... you are......at the same time you can't see the threat.......can you see or feel the exam like you would.....'like a car rushing towards 'or 'staring down from a height'...these are challenges you can see and therefore negotiate............................whereas exams because of their very nature reinforce fear........

The goal is to start thinking again .......So the advice would be to attenuate your response to exams by.........................continuing to work....learining to conciously relax and doing the best you can.....besides you can only try................

BTW...you won't hear this advice from me again.....so if it bothers you don't worry about it....

Ciao

Solo

i think most of us are in the same boat. as the exams come nearer panic sets in. even iam not able to concentrate and morale is pretty low. we just need to keep persisting and hop for the best :(

comonnnnn ppl, buck up, its not the end of the world ... not yet anyways

how can u guys be so down when u have a look at all the recent results ??

my experinece says, if you are meant to pass u will, not saying one shouldnt try their best...

its like one of my seniors used to advice us when in med skool,

'pass nahi huwai to fail to unn kaa baap bhi karay gaa' :lol:

translation: if we dont pass, they surely cant stop us from failing :)

in a nutshell ITS JUST A FRIGGIN EXAM !!! not a matter of life and death .... and im not saying this cuz i know shit....

im in a worst position than u guys, have only read 3 chaps in total by now !!!!

:o

so dont let them bastards at the royal college get us down ;)

comonnnnn ppl, buck up, its not the end of the world ... not yet anyways

how can u guys be so down when u have a look at all the recent results ??

my experinece says, if you are meant to pass u will, not saying one shouldnt try their best...

its like one of my seniors used to advice us when in med skool,

'pass nahi huwai to fail to unn kaa baap bhi karay gaa'     :lol:

translation: if we dont pass, they surely cant stop us from failing :)

in a nutshell ITS JUST A FRIGGIN EXAM !!! not a matter of life and death .... and im not saying this cuz i know shit....

im in a worst position than u guys, have only read 3 chaps in total by now !!!!

:o

so dont let them bastards at the royal college get us down  ;)

Lets hear it for insane... :)

never were truer words spoken ::)

/me takes a bow ..... :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0