Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toniediae

The New Exam fees

6 posts in this topic

Pls can someone explain to me how the fees are calculated for the exam. I know there is inflation and all that but from £195 to £330 in less that 6 months is rediculous. Will you pay £195 for any service in August and then come January that same service will cost £330, no way. Nothing even Council and road tax will go up that much in same time period. What will the exam cost in 5 years time, guess candidate may need to take out a mortagage or loan to write the exam cos it will be more than Trainees salary.

I think it is time for us to let the College know that the fee is too high and should be reviewed.

Now that Trust are rebanding and debanding salaries, the cost of exams is getting higher. How does this make sense.

I agree with you madmax. I guess the rationale of royal college will be that they are switching exam schedule from thrice a year to twice a year but still want to have same budget from the exams.

but before 2008 it was twice a year and not this expensive

I agree >:( >:(

I think the college is slowly losing touch with reality.......it's dire isn't it,when thats supposed to be their job-----ie keeping people in touch with enough reality to stay alive.......

First their lack of foresight re MTAS----ie supporting its implemention...and protesting only when the Birmingham surgeons had the balls to do anything about it...

agreeing with the Tooke report and then doing away with the special interest days---even thought the PTC protested......(some deaneries continue to offer both days)----and the general slide in training standards.......while being in the 'target anxious NHS'

Their general apathy at the decline in training numbers....

Their uselessness apart from when they are getting more and more money out of us.....I mean we already have the GMC bleeding us dry!

How am I supposed to be enthused about the their 'fair deal' campaign when they spend my money and I don't get a fair deal!

with the hike in exam fee, college is probably trying to motivate all the trainees to pass their exam in first attempt ::) ::)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0