Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kichha1978

Annoying College Staff

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

I was speaking with one of my friends who told me that as a reply to her complaint Re: Shortage of time in written exams, she got a reply saying that she should have done better preparation.

I found this response very patronizing and rude. Did anybody had similar experiences.

Also to add, we had some invigilators during our written papers who were very irritating and annoying

eg: one of the candidates took few seconds extra to finalize his answer sheets for which the invigilators struck off his answer sheets and was telling him something like 'don't act like a sixteen year old kid, you are supposed to be doctor' (I don't think this dr had made any mistake)

Has anybody had similar experiences wherein they felt very patronized and rude behaviour from the staff from college ??

dear colleagues,

it can feel  rude and harsh when a reply is too brief. We must by now understand not to expect any decency from an institutition thiat remains aristocratic and business minded  in its approach to its members.  i have come to expect the administrative staff at rcpsych  to have an air of arrogance . My suggestion is play there game, i.e. note who u talk to , if anything is said or indicated that you believe is wrong, then  complain... if we dont we will contiue to suffer. we are being taken advantage of  because of the type of personality traits we all  share which this field demands from us. I.e. our patience, ability not reply sharply, and the number of foriegn trainees- to this point i am highlighting the 'we are doing u a favour' condescending atttitude that no one should put up with.

the guy who took a few seconds  to write did himself no favours. exams has  a deadline  & thats that.

Yes i do agree that some of these invigilators can be rude and irritating.  a valid example is when i gave  my paper 2 exam in june, they had us in the hall all seated with all the checks done & we had to wait a further 20 minutes to start the paper !!! they didnt have the simple decency to apologize but instead behaved arrogantly. rules need to be upheld but there was no need to be rude.....frankly i have noticed that the invigilators who are incharge but quite young behave in this way.... insecure idiots.. any how ,like i mentioned already we have to all actively complain......

i think its the condescending manner in which these invigilators tend to come across that can be very patronizing......

;)

I agree. The college staff could definately do with some training in their telephone manner. When I called to ask for clarification regarding a query about the Paper 3 application, the 'lady' was so rude and curt that I had to ask her to be more patient with my query.

When i sat my exam the annoying invigilator queried my hospital id card as it had no signiture on it!! I think the college need to employ some decent staff suitable for dealing with highly trained and motivated professionals. ;)

The reason I said patronizing is because, how would somebody feel when they were told that 'they had difficulties with exams because of their substandard preparation'.

I think we all are of same standards when it comes to exams ± 1 SD. Just because somebody finds exams difficult that doesn't necessarily mean that they are sub standard. I feel exam performance is determined by so many variables.

I think it is very unprofessional to behave like this with the trainees. College should look in to this. From my side i will be writing to College just to make them aware, as there is no point in suffering in silence.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0