Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the_ninth_sin

q 6 - Epilim in pregnancy

12 posts in this topic

What is the risk of developing neural tube defect if prescribing Epilim to pregnant mother.

A. 1 in 10

B. 1 in 100

C. 1 in 1000

D. 1 in 10000

E. 1 in 100000  

answer A

i think u r right can someone provide a reference for this pls

the article is,

http://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/assets/c/html/DisplayDoc.asp?DocumentID=6781#CLINICAL_PRECAUTIONS

Extract :

In humans: Valproate use is associated with neural tube defects such as myelomeningocele and spina bifida. [highlight]The frequency of this effect is estimated to be 1 to 2%[/highlight]. An increased incidence of minor or major malformations including neural tube defects, craniofacial defects, malformations of the limbs, cardiovascular malformations, hypospadias and multiple anomalies involving various body systems has been reported in offspring born to mothers with epilepsy treated with valproate.

::)

Hi,

The frequency of this effect is estimated to be 1 to 2%

Doesnt it mean 1 in 100?

the article is,

http://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/assets/c/html/DisplayDoc.asp?DocumentID=6781#CLINICAL_PRECAUTIONS

Extract :

In humans: Valproate use is associated with neural tube defects such as myelomeningocele and spina bifida. [highlight]The frequency of this effect is estimated to be 1 to 2%[/highlight]. An increased incidence of minor or major malformations including neural tube defects, craniofacial defects, malformations of the limbs, cardiovascular malformations, hypospadias and multiple anomalies involving various body systems has been reported in offspring born to mothers with epilepsy treated with valproate.

i think thats correct jaguar according to the ref provided by insane

i think thats correct jaguar according to the ref provided by insane

Thanks mp3

I think the questions on this were lifted directly from the relevent part of the NICE guidlines. (from memory i think it was the mx of bipolar disorder ones).

hope that helps

[highlight]Hi,

The frequency of this effect is estimated to be 1 to 2%

Doesnt it mean 1 in 100?[/highlight]

the article is,

Extract :

looks like im not the only one who sucks at maths and stats crap hehe

:lol::D:lol::D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0