Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qudrat

Last exam Q - Starting lithium

7 posts in this topic

Before Starting lithium therapy which of the following investigation is important

a. EEG

b.ECG

C. Urinalysis

any idea,

SPMM says EEG with which I do not agree, I put the Ans ECG in last exam, Seminar series also mention urinalysis???

but i do not know what is the logic behind  

good point...EEG would just not make sense.....

There isnt an option of renal function test so ECG seems to be the common investigation for most psychotropic drugs that have some level of cardiac effect.

That would be my guess...but it would be great to have someone come up with a more evidence based answer

This question as I recollect from spmm and past qs was asked specifically for LD population where EEG will be the answer as lithium use is associated with high rates of seizures in LD

will say ECG in normal adults though this is seldom necessary and guidelines do not rrecommen routine ecg in adults before starting lithium

In last paper 3 exam, the college has not mentioned the Lithium in LD, sorry your reference was so exhausting that i could not find the Ans.

For this question in last exam, ECG is the answer. There is no mention of Lithium in LD.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0