suresh

EMI: Addiction/ Forensic

14 posts in this topic

Options:

a) Urinanalysis for glucose

B) Serum Electrolytes

c) EDDP in Urine

d) Carbohydrate trasferrin test

e) Mean red cell corpuscular volume (MCV)

f) Serum Testosterone

g) Plasma Methadone estimation

h) Blood Alcohol levels

Lead In: Which tests would you employ in monitoring compliance of the drug received by the individuals described below?

1) A doctor has been convicted of driving whilst under the influence of alcohol. He has appeared before the General Medical Council who have allowed him to continue practice under conditons. One of these is to abstain from alcohol. His supervising psychiatrist wishes to employ a test which will detect alcohol intake of more than 12 Units during any one week period?

2) A young man with a history of repeated minor incidents involving indecent assault is placed on a supervision order by the Courts with the condition that he takes Cyproterone acetate. His supervising psychiatrist uses which test?

3) A 36 yr old heroin addict with a record of frequent burglaries agrees to take methadone in place of heroin. His probation officer wishes to ensure that the man is taking a safe dose of methadone and is not taking other opiates.

hey where are these qs from - i have never seen them.i wonder what else i have left unrevisedQ!!Q :-/

this is one of the quesiton from training material for MRCPsych 3 prepared by Prof Stephen Tyrer. Unfortunately I do not have standard answers to these questions. Hopefully in the exam we dont get questions such as this ::).

Options:

a) Urinanalysis for glucose

B) Serum Electrolytes

c) EDDP in Urine

d) Carbohydrate trasferrin test

e) Mean red cell corpuscular volume (MCV)

f) Serum Testosterone

g) Plasma Methadone estimation

h) Blood Alcohol levels

Lead In: Which tests would you employ in monitoring compliance of the drug received by the individuals described below?

1) A doctor has been convicted of driving whilst under the influence of alcohol. He has appeared before the General Medical Council who have allowed him to continue practice under conditons. One of these is to abstain from alcohol. His supervising psychiatrist wishes to employ a test which will detect alcohol intake of more than 12 Units during any one week period?

2) A young man with a history of repeated minor incidents involving indecent assault is placed on a supervision order by the Courts with the condition that he takes Cyproterone acetate. His supervising psychiatrist uses which test?

3) A 36 yr old heroin addict with a record of frequent burglaries agrees to take methadone in place of heroin. His probation officer wishes to ensure that the man is taking a safe dose of methadone and is not taking other opiates.

1) E

2) F

not sure about the 3rd one though !!

Buddy143

any explanation for answer E to Q 1?

Q. Studies have shown that people who abstain entirely from alcohol have more mental illness and higher mortality than those who drink in moderation. How many units of alcohol ingested per week have been found to contribute longevity and reduce psychiatric illness in UK males?

a) 16 - 18 Units per week

B) 11- 15 Units per week

c) 19- 21 Units per week

d) 7- 10 Units per week

e) 3- 6 Units per week

my guess 3-6 units

any takers ???

:)

3 is the allowed daily intake of alcohol. i dunno what the weekly/protective amount would be :-/

Which of the following statements is NOT true regarding child-stealing by women?

a. Comforting offences' are generally carried out by older women suffering from personality disorder

b. Manipulative offences' are generally carried out by older women with personality disorder

c. There is low rate of recidivism

d. Impulsive psychotic offences' usually occur during an acute psychotic relapse

e. Most abducted babies are found quickly, well-cared for and unharmed

I dunno where but Ive read the answer to this one as a( the first option)

thats the correct answer but couldn't find the reference for it.

thats the correct answer but couldn't find the reference for it.

Comforting offences are usually carried out by younger women.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0